• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Werewolf story Big Flaw in CGC system

23 posts in this topic

Conan 23 CGC 9.6 registry score 205 realized price 88

Conan 45 CGC 9.6 registry score 53 realized price 90

Conan 40 CGC 9.6 registry score 53 realized price 90

is it over paying or what??

As I said in the above post, the registry has no impact upon prices realized for CGC books. Although there may be some indviduals who seek out higher graded books with the intention of adding to the registry, I don't think there is any correlation between the two. I still don't see point you are trying to make. It seems to me that form the data your providing you are attempting to say that Conan 45 and 40 are selling for more than Conan 23 in the same grade even though Conan 23 has a higher registry score? Is this correct?

I apologize to anyone reading this, but I am unsure If I am making any sense of this anymore. insane.gif

I was the underbidder on the Conan 38 at $83. Fin-uga won it for $84. Why did I bid so high? I'm not really sure. I just really liked the look of that book and I got a wild hair up my butt when I set my snipe. Figured I was probably going to take it for $40-$50 or so. Why is fin-uga bidding so high on Conans? Not really sure either. confused-smiley-013.gif Point being, I wouldn't read too much into the result of this one auction, as the book probably would have gone much cheaper if I hadn't been smoking crack when I set my snipe. I guess I may have found my eBay arch-nemesis if this fin-uga keeps bidding on Conans. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif