• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO WINS??

120 posts in this topic

Maybe saying what book he wanted..You cant just throw the :takeit: in a thread and expect us to know what book he wants..He doesnt need quotes but he didnt even specify what book.. If you read :rulez: you will see its Dans book clearly 2c

It was the only book posted so he probably thought he was being specific... 2c

I'd generally give the benefit of the doubt if this were the case and award the book to shootin str8, but there was a #46 posted between his take it and the #45. Not sure if it was one sec or 59, but it is there. Because of this, it would have went to Dan if it were my post. 2c

Maybe saying what book he wanted..You cant just throw the :takeit: in a thread and expect us to know what book he wants..He doesnt need quotes but he didnt even specify what book.. If you read :rulez: you will see its Dans book clearly 2c

It was the only book posted so he probably thought he was being specific... 2c

Actually there were 2 books listed when he hoisted the :takeit: so it is a little confusing to some ..Even the SELLER didnt know which book he wanted

I have no horse in this race..its 20 bucks I dont think its worth getting bent outta shape over by SD but he does have a point

It's a tough one...the only reason why I would say it goes to shootin and not spiderdan is because shootin posted that he wanted the ASM 45 at the same time Dan posted I'll take it. My feeling is Shootin gets it because he first posted :takeit: then he clarified which book at the same time you posted :takeit:

If his answer to which one was a later timestamp than your :takeit: I would have given the book to you.

Make sense?

Actually there were 2 books listed when he hoisted the

Not necessarily...the time stamp is the same as the second book posting and the :takeit: posting...he could've been posting the :takeit: 1 sec. after the ASM #46 was ...

It's not confusing at all - the buyer is there looking at the book, and posts the takeit. Just click the userID above the post, and you are redirected to the exact book taken. There are those in the foolkiller threads, with very high internet speed, who insist that you quote the book, mostly so that they can be determined the winner, over those with the slow internet speed, who just drop in at the right moment. :cool:

Not necessarily...the time stamp is the same as the second book posting and the :takeit: posting...he could've been posting the :takeit: 1 sec. after the ASM #46 was ...

(shrug)

It's not confusing at all - the buyer is there looking at the book, and posts the takeit. Just click the userID above the post, and you are redirected to the exact book taken. There are those in the foolkiller threads, with very high internet speed, who insist that you quote the book, mostly so that they can be determined the winner, over those with the slow internet speed, who just drop in at the right moment. :cool:

I keep trying Mike - But it just takes me to the entire thread (shrug)

(thumbs u i am still confused though at who still has slow internet speed

+1

+1

Which browser are you guys using? With Mozilla it takes me back to the ASM #45.

(shrug)

Read it slowly until it sinks in... ;)

(shrug)

It's very likely that when he clicked to reply to the #45 that the #46 was not listed yet, and then as he replied the #46 was listed and both posts appeared with the same time stamp.

+1

Which browser are you guys using? With Mozilla it takes me back to the ASM #45.

It goes to the post, but you can still scroll up and down correct?

(shrug)

It's very likely that when he clicked to reply to the #45 that the #46 was not listed yet, and then as he replied the #46 was listed and both posts appeared with the same time stamp.

^^

(shrug)

Either way - the rules states if its not idetified what you take, and someone else jumps in... you lose

(shrug)

Either way - the rules states if its not idetified what you take, and someone else jumps in... you lose

So...to cut to the chase...you believe that you deserve the book...

(shrug)

I think it only shows time stamps to the minute, but recognizes seconds, if not fraction of seconds...

i.e. the 46 was listed seconds (maybe 1, maybe 59) before the general i'll take it.

(shrug)

I believe he deserves the book.

And, no, I don't know him from Adam....

(shrug)

Well of course - as Im sure the other buyer does too. Im just surprised that ANYONE would think I didnt win it (shrug)

(shrug)

There are going to be two views here:

Those who want to apply the letter of the law. You win.

Those who want to apply the intent of the law. He made what people believe to be an honest mistake and it's not hard to see which book he was referencing.

I agree, according to the letter of the law you clearly win.

(thumbs u