• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone in the mood for a Phx Con report?

43 posts in this topic

Went to the Phoenix Con today with my brother Ron (RJRJR on the boards) and my nephew Chris. My purpose for the con this year was to get a Joe Jusko commission which I am happy to say was mission accomplished. The guest list was impressive with many comic industry and movie/TV guests. If you went for signings this was a great show, if you went for comics well... not great. I believe there were maybe 8 dealers total at the show which was very disappointing. Ed Robertson's booth had the most to choose from. Terry was there in place of Harley, he had one or two books I was interested in, but I decided to pass on those. I met up a few boardies Chris, Mark and Levi, great guys. Ended up going out to lunch minus Levi, but plus Mark's girlfriend (a really nice and patient person).

Overall the con just did not measure up to expectations the Mesa con earlier this year with the smaller venue had a better selection of books. Again there was a ton of anime. There were no freebies like at the Mesa Con. They really need to some how get more dealers next year. At this point I will not be returning due to the poor comic dealer turn out.

Now does anyone want to see pictures? :devil: