• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC UNIVERSE ENDING - AND THEN RESTARTING?!

110 posts in this topic

All stories will be grounded in each character's legend - but will relate to real world situations, interactions, tragedy and triumph.

Translates as "we want to be more like Marvel".

. Over 50 new costumes will debut in September, many updated and designed by artist Jim Lee, ensuring that the updated images appeal to the current generation of readers.

Who the hell are they referring too?

Same day sales for issues and digital........doom or good news?

Things will change for me for sure

What is the digital sales for comics is like? Does it sell more than printed version for each digital issue that has been made? You got to figure in the millions of iPods, iPads and the Androids that has Google Marvel apps. I'll bet they make more money with the downloads than with the printed issues.

The majority of Batbooks are wank anyway.

Well he reckons that Batman Incorporated is one of his best sellers!!

Jesus please us...

I'd like to see this for most DC titles. Frankly, most are just bad.

I think it's a bit foolish for others.

Flash makes no sense in re-booting. I'd hate to see Green Lantern start over too. But I'm sure the movie makes it good timing.

Pat

Jesus please us...

(shrug) read comics too!

When are they going to release blanks?

I could care less about anything else.

You mean you couldn't care less about anything else.

Jesus please us...

(shrug) read comics too!

Don't I just know it.

Seems like an ideal jumping off point for my last remaining DC pulls (Batman and Batman and Robin)

Blackest Mess killed DC for me. This is just he final nail in the coffin.

As for digital distribution it can only be a good thing for the industry. Reaching a broader reader base means increased longevity of the hobby. Increased longevity means future collectors and buyers for our floppies.

I've read a few digital comics on my iPad and found it great. As for the speculators, when was the last time a modern DC or Marvel turned any serious cash???

At least I helps us focus our funds on those lovely back issues out there needing a home.

I'd happily subscribe to DC digital books if I hadn't just decided to drop the entire line due to their editorial stupidity.

I'm annoyed this is coming out of Flashpoint, which was essential just a Flash event. The rest of the line has been chugging along and is just going to get abruptly stopped. Having all revamps at once makes each revamp seem less important and unlikely to get that spike in sales they are looking for. Even if you look to post-crisis they staggered some of the titles re-introductions so that each could be a a focus at one time. I kinda feel this was more of a last minute idea by DC and they are going to pay for it when implementation is weak.

Hate to point this out to all, but all be there with my heels a clicking. And alot of others will too. Anytime I can read a book written by Johns and drawn by Jim Lee I am there.

I have never had a great love for Batman, but Loeb and Lee made me like him again. I loved Johns JSA so there is absolutely no reason why he wont rock JLA and with Lee backing him up its a slam dunk.

Seems like an ideal jumping off point for my last remaining DC pulls (Batman and Batman and Robin)

Blackest Mess killed DC for me. This is just he final nail in the coffin.

As for digital distribution it can only be a good thing for the industry. Reaching a broader reader base means increased longevity of the hobby. Increased longevity means future collectors and buyers for our floppies.

I've read a few digital comics on my iPad and found it great. As for the speculators, when was the last time a modern DC or Marvel turned any serious cash???At least I helps us focus our funds on those lovely back issues out there needing a home.

I'd happily subscribe to DC digital books if I hadn't just decided to drop the entire line due to their editorial stupidity.

Last issues usually get some extra coin. hm

:idea:

There will be lots of last DC issues in August.

:devil:

Utter bollocks. This makes me feel like dropping DC altogether, but then I wouldn't be buying any comics at all.

Then imagine how I feel after collecting every one.

I feel sick at heart that DC have decided to start Action Comics and Detective Comics at number one again

Pathetic.

If this is true, I think it may be time to quit collecting.

I am disgusted beyond belief. After great stuff like Wonder Woman being given its proper number system, and Adventure Comics especially carrying on with the classic numbers, then this garbage just makes me despair and consider wanting to give up after forty seven years of collecting every DC.

Pathetic.

I cannot even put my disgust into words.

Julie Schwartz would turn in his grave.

Ten years ago I jokingly predicted to Paul Sassienie that one day a bunch of Warner Bros suits would be sitting round a table, trying to work out how to make more money out of DC, and one cretin would jump up saying "Gee whiz, what can we do to attract young new readers. I know - lets start Action Comics at number one again - that'll bring them in". Sadly this unimaginable crud has now come to pass after 76 years.

I can see NO good aspect in this WHATSOEVER. It's an insult to the nearly fifty years that I have been collecting them. I kind of expect them to keep going back to number one for Justice League or Teen Titans, but NEVER Action Comics or Detective Comics. It's bloody SICK !!!

I hate them now. They have singlehandedly unravelled seventy six wonderful years to try to cater to a few disinterested twelve year olds.

Bloody retards.

SICK

I'm pretty desensitized to these re-boots and renumberings. They have been a pretty constant gimmick for the last 25 or so years since the crisis. We've seen so many books go back and forth between new volumes and old numbering. Really for me all that matters now is the quality of stories. If it is good comic book stories, I'll read it, if if it is not, I'll drop it. Individual titles just don't mean much to me anymore. It usually boils down to following writers. Just look at Grant Morrision Batman. It went from the "Batman" title to "Batman & Robin" to "Return of Bruce Wayne" to currently "Batman Inc." Those are the threads I follow now.

I really don't understand DC's logic here. Do they really think there are a bunch of readers that are 'scared' to buy DC comics because of the complicated back stories? Is there anyone who doesn't know the basic back stories of Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman and others? I actually see it in a different way. I have been buying more and more trades and fewer and fewer new books but due to my liking of certain characters (Booster Gold, Guy Gardner) I kept buying new books. If those characters re-boot then I can stop buying all together as the characters I liked will no longer be those same characters.

Thanks DC, you have just saved me some money!

i believe the bigger news is the comics being available digitally. I think its utter BS that Action and Detective will have to be renumbered. I hope they dont pull what marvel does and then goes back to regular numbering.

Jim Lee + Geoff Johns on JLA??? :applause:

From what i hear, people have been praising this move by DC. in Mid June Jim Lee and Geoff Johns will reveal more crazy news!

The problem with the Lee & Johns combo is that Lee won't stick it out past 1 year. And then we'll be left with a second tier artist again (and I'm being kind with second tier as many of DC's artist are very sub-par).

Once that happens, the book will be in double digits and people will drop it shortly after.

On the flip side, JLA starts over every few years now so nobody really cares. The last volume was pretty awful from start to finish.

Pat