• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL 2011 (Wizard World) Chicago Comicon Forum Dinner!

60 posts in this topic

Turn on the action

Turn on the night

Looks like Flying Donut's again taking a powder from attending the Chicago Comicon this year, which leaves the festivities (and logistics) of an Official Forum Dinner up to me and Brad once more. Yay! :cool:

I'm out of verbose, pithy comments, so without further adieu here are the details for this year's Chicago Comicon Forum Dinner!

The Details:

What:

CGC Forum Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 13th, 6:00pm - ?? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Stephens Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Why:

TO PARTY!

Who:

PedigreeMan

klozd24seven

...?

How Much:

$80 per person. Paypal (personal) to me-- aflenard@ameritech.net -- and please put your board name in the comments section. If you know the secret handshake we MAY grant you a dispensation and allow you to pay cash at the show, but only if you have a note from your mother explaining why.

Anyone who has said they will be in Chicago during this time, or will be within a 100 mile radius of the convention, or who we even think will be in the area has 72 hours to sign up. After that, expect a boatload a handful of haranguing polite emails and/or PMs harassing gently prodding you to come!

Let the games begin!

Alan and Brad

In Before The Lock! Soup!

Count me in, had a great time last year.

This year I vow to squeeze a free drink outa that cheapskate Borock! lol

Do you have a sample menu in mind yet? Will it be a semi-private room for geeks only? Make it so, True Believer! :wishluck:

For anyone who has attended previously, the menu will be the same as all previous years: A choice from a number of prime steaks that are so large they look like they were cut from a brontosaurus (as well as the requisite fish and vegetarian offerings), a baked potato the size of a football, and a huge platter of shared veggies. Plus all the geeking out and drooling over rare books (Action #1, anyone?) you can handle!