• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are some of your favorite OLD SKOOL ADS???

22 posts in this topic

The skinny guy who gets sand kicked in his face, then he buys some program that makes him all buff, and he goes back to the beach and scares the bully away.

Also the "earn top pay as a draftsman" ads...they usually had a funny little story where the peon tells off his boss and quits and goes and becomes a "draftsman"

My choice would be the ads that ran in the late 50's for the bicycle with the automatic transmission...

The ad itself was okay... but the price on the bike was $139.95.

Now how much success do you think they had pimping an item that costs 1,400 TIMES as much as the comic it's in?

Yeah, lemme pop open a comic of Ultimate Spider-Man and do some shopping for things costing $3,148.85...

Mommy? Can I buy this bike in the Archie comic? It's only three thousand dollars! tongue.gif

I always remember the adds where you could order like a hundred toy soldiers and they came in their own storage chest.......then....when you finally got them......they were pieces of plastic that were almost microscopic and the storage chest was a small cardboard box with graphics.

But man.....the add was COOL ! ! ! laugh.gif

Was Grit the first MLM multi-level marketing pyramid scheme that paved the way for later popular catalog sales ventures like (Sc)Amway and Quixtar or the Herbalife, and Candle party, tupperware bs that innundates and weakens our society and economy today?

I always found those LaSalle "Do it at home" College adds to be hilarious! " NoW With A DeGree FroM LaSalle YoU Can EArn $5000 MoRe a Year At yOuR CurrEnT Job!" Suuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeee we could. wink.gif

I could have been a poster boy for the Grit, Burpee seed and Greeting card ads.

I actually made money at them. One year I made like $50.00...man I was cool..

And since I'm not sure that your being sarcastic or not darth...Grit was a newspaper...Geez any dork knows that... smirk.gif