• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last 3 cgc transactions have all been screwed up...

7 posts in this topic

I sure love the company but wow, some real mess ups here lately.

Last giant batch was all 2nd print GIJOES to complete my run, however over half of them came back as first prints ( which really scares me to think how many CGC '1st' prints may be second printings, like all the GIJOE 21 9.8's that were really 2nd prints )...

My latest box came today with a pretty nice screw up too...pictures below.

001fn.jpg

However, the top reads -

002yin.jpg

and of course here's issue 2 -

003zjv.jpg

with the same problem.

004oyi.jpg

I can relate.

I just got back a graded Groo from Pacific Comics, but it was mislabeled as a Marvel/Epic Comics issue. So now I can't register it in its proper slot. Strange too, in that the other 7 issues I sent in at the same time were done right; why the screw up on this one?

I had another mislabel a couple of month ago.

I'm wondering if there are new people working there who haven't got the hang of it yet (I hope they do soon)...

I sure love the company but wow, some real mess ups here lately.

Last giant batch was all 2nd print GIJOES to complete my run, however over half of them came back as first prints ( which really scares me to think how many CGC '1st' prints may be second printings, like all the GIJOE 21 9.8's that were really 2nd prints )...

Tell me about it! I took the time to compile a bunch of info on the difference between 1st print and 2nd print GI Joe comics and sent it to CGC with photos/scans. Didn't even get a response back from them??? :sorry:

There are a TON of 2nd & 3rd print GI Joe comics graded out there not indicated as 2nd & 3rd prints. Several months back I saw a CGC 9.8 GI Joe 21 3rd print (that was not indicated as such on the label) sell on E-Bay for several hundred.

I actually have a GI Joe #3 2nd print that was graded as a 1st print, then cracked and signed and re-graded that still came back as a first print!!!!! Same book graded twice and still not caught :o SUPER scary...

Hopefully boardies are doing their research before buying...

This has happened to me with 2 books I sent in. I had an X-Men 25 B&W cover variant, with Magneto Hologram, come back labeled as the regular cover, with a Gambit Hologram. I also had an Ultimate Spider-man 112 White cover variant come back labeled as a regular cover.

Now these may not seem as bad as the 2nd print Joes being mislabeled, but, if they cannot see something as obvious as these, it makes you wonder how many more less obvious ones they miss.

On a side note, they have offered to re holder them, if I send them back in, but, it would still cost me shipping both ways and I am ot sure it is worth it at this time. Maybe I can sell them as one of those "Rare" CGC error slabs and make a boatload of money on them?

CGC is very good at reholdering those and taking care of those little mistake! Everyone makes them and I'm sure CGC grades and slabs HUNDREDS of books a week (I wonder how many books they do do a day???) so I'm sure they make a few!

I have 4 mislabel books I'll send in one day when I think about it for corrected labels.

Here's a slew of current problems that I've been re-assured will be fixed...but they continue to stay there as the grading process progresses -

Northstar 1 4/94 Marvel Comics Signature .0 .0

Dario Carrasco Ian Akin &

Jack Keefer art

This book is actually a TIM VIGIL limited edition book ( it was even submitted as a Tim Vigil SS )...

Kull the Conqueror 7 3/73 Marvel Comics Signature .0 .0

Marie and John Severin cover and art

Kull the Conqueror 4 9/72 Marvel Comics Signature .0 .0

Marie and John Severin art

John Severin cover

Kull the Conqueror 6 1/73 Marvel Comics Signature .0 .0

Kull the Conqueror 3 7/72 Marvel Comics Signature .0 .0

Kull the Conqueror 8 5/73 Marvel Comics Modern .0 .0

Marie and John Severin art

ALL of these should have Michael Golden credited covers ( seeing as how I submitted them as a Michael Golden SS )

Saga of Crystar Crystal Warrior 8 7/84 Marvel Comics Signature .0 .0

Ricardo Villamonte & Dave Simons art

Another Golden cover submitted as a SS with no mention of Golden as cover artist