• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Panther: Man without Fear

7 posts in this topic

Do we need another renumbering thread?

A new Daredevil #1 is coming out next month. Does anyone know what's going to happen to Black Panther: Man without Fear (nee Daredevil vol. 2)? I've been enjoying the series and would hate to see it stop, but with the advent of a new Daredevil title, is there any reason for Marvel to contine BP with numbering in the 500s? Wouldn't the industry standard nowadays be to start BP with a new #1? And how would this affect DD vol. 3 when they decide to go back to the original numbering? Do the BP issues count? Or will they start renumbering with the end of actual DD issues?

Good questions. Only Marvel knows the answers at this point, but here are my thoughts...

rantrant

I LOVE Daredevil and own every DD from #1 on. Not much of a Black Panther fan though. However, I felt obligated to buy Black Panther: The Man Without Fear since it was continuing DD's numbering. Read the first few issues and couldn't get into it, but I continue to buy it to keep my DD run intact.

Now that DD Vol. 3 is starting, it makes absolutely no sense for Black Panther to A) Keep DD's numbering and B} Keep the "Man Without Fear" title. I don't think sales on the Black Panther book are very strong and Marvel has a quick trigger finger when it comes to canceling low selling titles. My guess is BP gets canceled sometime within the next year. When and if that happens, should DD pick up his original numbering? I say yes. Should the BP issues count? Yes. I think Marvel set the precent when Incredible Hulk picked up the numbering of Incredible Herc which picked up the numbering from Incredible Hulk which picked up the numbering of (I believe) Tales to Astonish.

The real question is whether or not they will fold DD Vol. 3 into the original series numbering or if they will create a second DD series that would pick up BP MWOF's numbering.

I decided to quit MwF when it became BB MwF. I managed to pick up the first 3 issues for 99p each and was really impressed. I now buy it monthly and hope it continues in some form.

I've no doubt that DD v3 will revert to original numbering at some point in the not-to-distant future.

Hopefully all the negative comments about DC's renumbering which are currently filling the t'Interweb will stop this pointless exercise. (BTW please don't turn this thread into yet another one of those, the whole thing is starting to do my nut in!)

I decided to quit MwF when it became BB MwF. I managed to pick up the first 3 issues for 99p each and was really impressed. I now buy it monthly and hope it continues in some form.

I've no doubt that DD v3 will revert to original numbering at some point in the not-to-distant future.

Hopefully all the negative comments about DC's renumbering which are currently filling the t'Interweb will stop this pointless exercise. (BTW please don't turn this thread into yet another one of those, the whole thing is starting to do my nut in!)

When I heard that DD was becoming BP, I was a bit upset and contemplating quitting. But I knew that DD would eventually return and didn't want a gap in my run so I bought the BP issues. I'm glad I did, because I've really enjoyed them. They have been better than the year or two of DD that came out before and definitely better than the whole Shadowland "epic."

I usually skip minis, but thought that Daredevil Reborn was also a good read. Glad I picked that one up.