• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

more ebay awesomeness

17 posts in this topic

The X-Men #95 was mine. It sold last Sunday and the buyer just paid and it shipped today. Buyer was in TX, not NH.

Also, looks like they copied my auction format for all their listings. doh!

(shrug)

He's not even a cunning scammer.

Y'know, I don't even go to ebay anymore unless it's to look at a scam link. Hell, I'm almost afraid to! The last 4 books I bought were from YOU... my dear fellow board members...

hm

...um, has this ever happened on the boards?

I'm afraid so :(

Any chance any of those threads (if they made it to the forums) still exsist?

I can only assume the ones doing the scams are no longer here. I say that because I imagine there would be daily warnings posted if so.

I recall a "Dr. Frankestein" or something being mentioned recently. Was he a scam, or just a jerk?

I can only assume the ones doing the scams are no longer here. I say that because I imagine there would be daily warnings posted if so.

I recall a "Dr. Frankestein" or something being mentioned recently. Was he a scam, or just a jerk?

Forum probation/strike members

Deal with anyone on the list at your own risk. :(

Franky was a wonderful mixture of both. He'd overgrade a book, and then threaten to carnally violate your mother if you called him on it. During a thread where some questioned his ethics, it devolved into a flamewar. He called all of us "cowards hiding behind their computers", so I helpfully provided him with my home phone number and address.

He actually called me.

When I picked up the phone, a very reasonable-sounding person asked, "Is this Beau? From the CGC forums?" I said "Yes", and then the caller's voice went into overdrive and used expletives I'd never imagined existed, and I've been in the military with drill sergeants hollering at me.

Eventually he calmed down and was actually reasonable (this was about at the 20 minute mark, he had a lot to say about kicking my arse and violating my mother) . By the time we ended the call, I thought all was good, and his shady practices and mom-raping tendencies were ended.

If only.

A name change later, he bought an Avengers #57 from a fellow forumite, cracked it out, and then tried to sell it again to the same forumite after he 'cleaned' the covers at a huge grade & price bump.

He got called out on that too, and left the forums, though I suspect he's still around as a shill, waiting for his chance to return. That's why the probation thread is so valuable; we know the offenders' real names & addys, so when they try to sneak back in, they are usually busted pretty quickly. When you buy or sell, make a notation in your description that you won't deal with anyone on 'the list'.

Franky was a wonderful mixture of both. He'd overgrade a book, and then threaten to carnally violate your mother if you called him on it. During a thread where some questioned his ethics, it devolved into a flamewar. He called all of us "cowards hiding behind their computers", so I helpfully provided him with my home phone number and address.

He actually called me.

When I picked up the phone, a very reasonable-sounding person asked, "Is this Beau? From the CGC forums?" I said "Yes", and then the caller's voice went into overdrive and used expletives I'd never imagined existed, and I've been in the military with drill sergeants hollering at me.

Eventually he calmed down and was actually reasonable (this was about at the 20 minute mark, he had a lot to say about kicking my arse and violating my mother) . By the time we ended the call, I thought all was good, and his shady practices and mom-raping tendencies were ended.

If only.

A name change later, he bought an Avengers #57 from a fellow forumite, cracked it out, and then tried to sell it again to the same forumite after he 'cleaned' the covers at a huge grade & price bump.

He got called out on that too, and left the forums, though I suspect he's still around as a shill, waiting for his chance to return. That's why the probation thread is so valuable; we know the offenders' real names & addys, so when they try to sneak back in, they are usually busted pretty quickly. When you buy or sell, make a notation in your description that you won't deal with anyone on 'the list'.

That's takes one helluva scrot, I tell ya what....

He actually called me.

If only.

Yet some get a free pass for doing that sort of thing.

He actually called me.

If only.

Yet some get a free pass for doing that sort of thing.

Who gets a pass for that!?!?!?

If you've not checked it out before, take a look at the HOS/Prob lists in the probation thread. All those folks are on there for something :sorry: