• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Comicon June 19

15 posts in this topic

Dealers setting up:

Cards, Comics and Collectibles

Brett's Comic Pile

John Haines Rare Comics

Heroes Aren't Hard To Find

New Dimension Comics

All-American Comics

Laughing Ogre Comics

Painted Visions Comics

Guy Rose

...and many more.

Hi!

We are pleased to have Gene Carpenter make the VA Comicon the return show for All-American Comics! Gene did take a step back from the show circuit for a while, but I am told he will be bringing some AMAZING high-grade unique items for his first show back THIS Sunday!

I still haven't figured out which inventory to bring out... 1/2 price silver and gold, 1/2 price modern comics (1980 to present), Silver age 3 for $10, or $5 hard covers. I could also bring out my High Grade bronze age marvels I debuted in Charlotte. I only have two tables... any suggestions guys?

Best,

Brett

Hi!

We are pleased to have Gene Carpenter make the VA Comicon the return show for All-American Comics! Gene did take a step back from the show circuit for a while, but I am told he will be bringing some AMAZING high-grade unique items for his first show back THIS Sunday!

I still haven't figured out which inventory to bring out... 1/2 price silver and gold, 1/2 price modern comics (1980 to present), Silver age 3 for $10, or $5 hard covers. I could also bring out my High Grade bronze age marvels I debuted in Charlotte. I only have two tables... any suggestions guys?

Best,

Brett

Tell Gene we're all thinking of him

In an odd twist of fate, The Wizard World Philly Print for their show is EXACTLY the same as the VA Comicon print was...back in November 2010!

Arthur Suydam Zombie King Kong Print.

I will have a select number of the FIRST EDITION of this print, 11x17 in a rigid toploader for sale at only $10 each at the Washington, DC Comicon THIS Sunday, Father's Day June 19th!

More info at www.dccomicon.com

Repeat: We will have the Arthur Suydam Zombie King Kong Wizard World Philly Exclusive at the Washington DC Comicon the SAME weekend...for less money!

Oh yeah...the DC Comicon is FREE for everyone!

Best,

Brett

We have some pics up of the event...

We were mobbed...with most tables experiencing several persons deep in business during a majority of the day.

I only escaped a few times for pictures, and to get my G/VG copy of GI JOE #21 personalized to me by Mr. Hama.

Here is the link:

http://dccomicon.com/?page_id=411

More pics are available through our Facebook fan page for the VA Con as well.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/VA-COMICON/169876788930

Many thanks to the Artists, vendors and guests who gave up their Father's Day to join us in our nation's capitol!

Best,

Brett

I had a good time. Spent about an hour looking around. I was happy to see more artists this time around. The dealers looked good and there was a pretty good selection of books to choose from.

I didn't have a lot to spend but I picked up a VG copy of ASM 41.

I'll look forward to the show next year!