• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con Recap

129 posts in this topic

Anybody else have artists tell them that the blanks were giving them trouble? At Heroes Clay Mann, Scott Hanna, and Mike Lilly all mentioned they were being a pain.

I know most artists prefer Avengers #1 (1st Print), X-Men #1, Marvels Project #1, Dark Avengers #1 since they have superior paper stock. (which is why you don't see many of these for sale since they are hoarded by many sketch collectors.

Others like ASM #648, X-men #7, Avengers #7, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine, etc have a waxy like surface which can cause marker/copics not to blend easily.

I found a vendor that had 12 Marvels Project Sketch Covers at Heroes marked down to 2 bucks a piece. My brother spotted them and I couldnt believe it.

WHHAAATT????? Dude that is awesome. I will triple your money if he wants to sell them for $6 each :)

Bummed I missed HeroesCon this year but a HUGE thank you to PeterPalmer for getting me a "must have" Captain America sketch

My pleasure, Dan. I'm glad you like it. It was my first time meeting Ed McGuinness and he was very personable and easy to talk to. I've always liked his art, but the meeting just makes me appreciate the art so much more. Funny how a good interaction can do that. :)

I saw a lot of boardies in passing and didn't get a chance to say hi to a lot of them (unfortunately). This weekend even had a cameo appearance by our very own board member Green, with whom I had about a 1-second conversation. lol Good to see you again, man!

Also met newcomer to the boards Mad Dogz. Always good to put a face with a name. Sorry I was so distracted at the CGC booth. Just trying to get everything straightened out.

So mad i could not get any books to you for a McGuinness sig. I'll have to try harder next time. :cry:

Anybody else have artists tell them that the blanks were giving them trouble? At Heroes Clay Mann, Scott Hanna, and Mike Lilly all mentioned they were being a pain.

Richard Cox put the pencil and ink down on what was going to be a monster sketch of Dagger (Cloak & Dagger) and then tried to lay copics down on it and it smeared... I felt as bad for him as he did for me. I split the cost on it and took it as is. It's still beautiful.

My sketches from Heroes (thanks to my brother Grey!!)

Charles Paul Wilson III - Hobgoblin

c455dc2d.jpg

Jeremy Bastian - CPG vs The hand of Bastian

85ec2314.jpg

Daniel Leister - Scarlet Witch

2e361e0f.jpg

EBAS - Black Cat (click here for uncensored)

78e6bf98.jpg

RW IV isn't charles wilson chuck :)

Awesome CWP sketches, he's fantastic. Here are my two from Heroes. Big thankies to comix4fun for the pickup

JesterPirate.jpg

GhostRiderPirate.jpg