• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con Recap

129 posts in this topic

Hi guys new here and just got into sketches this year at the Con. I didn't think CGC would allow you to submit them to be graded as Signature series unless they saw it happen. Just curious because got what I think was a cool sketch from Hickman on the Fantastic Four 583 (3 logo variant) and have fallen in love with it myself and would like it CGC's but didnt think you could get the sketches done and submit them without the people at CGC seeing it done. If anyone has any advice, etc I will take any given and if anyone wants to see the image I will try and upload it as well.

Hi guys new here and just got into sketches this year at the Con. I didn't think CGC would allow you to submit them to be graded as Signature series unless they saw it happen. Just curious because got what I think was a cool sketch from Hickman on the Fantastic Four 583 (3 logo variant) and have fallen in love with it myself and would like it CGC's but didnt think you could get the sketches done and submit them without the people at CGC seeing it done. If anyone has any advice, etc I will take any given and if anyone wants to see the image I will try and upload it as well.

Unwittnessed sketches are only eligable for Green 'Qualified' Labels. Works if you plan on keeping it.

McGuinness sketches me and my brother got at HeroesCon. On way to get slabbed for Green Label but sadly not SS. I had no way for us to get a witness there bc Ed was sketching right then, great guy. Dexter Vines did the inking.

jj856-1.jpg

jj855-1.jpg

jj846.jpg

jj845.jpg

jj868-1.jpg

Did you make it through his line a bunch of times or just make the guy right behind you REALLY mad? lol

Great haul! I wish we would have met up sooner. I'd have helped you out getting those witnessed. Next time.

Thanks for the offer A, I wish I had met up with you earlier. No me and my brother waged the lines once a day. We both got one each day except Sunday. I was in the last 4 people in line before it was capped and he did 2 for me. I needed 2 sketchbooks for my friends and his deal was buy 1 sketchbook get 1 sketch. I'm not the type who has a whole longbox full of books to sign but I can understand those who want what they want. Ed was busting out the sketches pronto, hardly had to wait at all.

Hey guys know this isn't nowhere near as cool as some of the sketches you guys have, maybe next year Ill work more on getting sketches and signatures. But was lucky enough to come across one of the rare Fantastic Four #583 "3" variant covers and had Hickman do this sketch and sign it, along with Epting signature. Funny part is I didn't even tell Hickman to Sketch this but on this cover just my opinion very cool. Let me know what you guys think should I try and submit through CGC for Green label or not. Just too cool and dont want it getting messed up. Any advice from you guys or feedback would be cool.

hickman583.jpg

McGuinness sketches me and my brother got at HeroesCon. On way to get slabbed for Green Label but sadly not SS. I had no way for us to get a witness there bc Ed was sketching right then, great guy. Dexter Vines did the inking.

jj856-1.jpg

jj855-1.jpg

jj846.jpg

jj845.jpg

jj868-1.jpg

next time ask the artist to put them to the side, go get cgc and have them take possession from the artist at the table.

I thought about it but Ed only had a rep helping out at his table once that I saw all week. He was swamped and he looked a little overwhelmed so I hated to ask. He said he did not expect such a big turnout each day. Thanks for your advice I'm still a newbie but getting the hang of it. I got 12 sketches SS'd so I'm happy.