• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foreign COMICS 4 U

47 posts in this topic

Hi Thomas, Claudio from Italy here. ;)

Oh well, I have been doing this but just for some board friends on request, as it has proven to be really too much time consuming as I don’t follow italian editions (and their marked) so much anymore.

Listen, I have a question as I have tried to ask some german collectors but with little results. Do you have a german school of authors? While we have had one since the mid-1930s I know Germany has not such a big tradition of local comics productions, but I was curious to understand better.

thanks guys im happy to be back as well and hope to make great business with you all and help everyone to get what they want :)....

hey Claudio good question as i know we got some schools over here...2 i know from is the abk-hannover its a private school ...and antoher is the Comicademy but as i know they are quiet new ...far away from your schools from the 30´s

i got the first pm´s in so as i work from 6-17 it could take one or two days to answer but everyone will get help (as is can help) and a answer :)

yeah liam i send you the pics ;)

hey Claudio good question as i know we got some schools over here...2 i know from is the abk-hannover its a private school ...and antoher is the Comicademy but as i know they are quiet new ...far away from your schools from the 30´s

No, wait, with "schools" I meant "schools of authors", not schools where drawing and comics writing is taught. Of course, those are recent.

I meant if you had a comics tradition, and when it started. I know it must not be so old, if there is one, it’s just that it is rare to see an original german comic published in Italy, with due exceptions.

As far as recent comics goes, I know of Mathias Schultheiss, but I wished to know about older authors (I also think Mathias may have been publishing abroad first?).