• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to panic

50 posts in this topic

Anyway, thanks for lending me your ears (or eyes) and leaving any input. Time to go, which means it's time to panic.

I truly do not mean to belittle you but you need to relax. Seriously. If you had ordered something from overseas, I could understand the anxiety.

Oh, trust me. I know I do. I've never had a problem with anything I ordered, but I guess it's just my nature to :ohnoez:

Please don't buy anything from me.

He should buy from Cal. Then we could see assured mutual destruction.

Anyway, thanks for lending me your ears (or eyes) and leaving any input. Time to go, which means it's time to panic.

I truly do not mean to belittle you but you need to relax. Seriously. If you had ordered something from overseas, I could understand the anxiety.

Oh, trust me. I know I do. I've never had a problem with anything I ordered, but I guess it's just my nature to :ohnoez:

Please don't buy anything from me.

He should buy from Cal. Then we could see assured mutual destruction.

lol

DO,

As a fellow sufferer of anxiety & OCD, I feel you pal.

I too worry about my package, but then I found an excellent urologist... er, sorry, lost my train of thought there for a minute. lol Seriously though, I do tend to worry about my UPS packages as well. A LOT less than years ago what with online tracking & such, but still, ideally, I always want to be home when my stuff arrives as well.

I worry about my postal service stuff as well, but honestly, most of that has to do with just being impatient.

It's funny actually, I simply LOVE ordering stuff online & love the feeling of knowing that I have packages on the way ( the more the better! ), but THEN, after a couple of days I begin to get impatient & want my orders ASAP. Then, I start the cycle all over again... lol

Jim

DO,

As a fellow sufferer of anxiety & OCD, I feel you pal.

I too worry about my package, but then I found an excellent urologist... er, sorry, lost my train of thought there for a minute.

Dang. You were sooooo close to the OOC thread there. :(lol

Well, the week begins and the USPS tracking site says the 1st books that I've ordered from the boards reached Portland, OR yesterday. I have tomorow and Wednesday off, but I'm working 12 hours today. It's not a guarentee they'll be here today, but I ALWAYS get paranoid whenever I'm expecting books to come in the mail on a work day. They're usually left on my doorstep and my overactive imagination spends the whole day freaking out about someone taking it, or it getting rained on, or a cat spraying it, or...

Anyone else ever feel this way? I'm seriously thinking of getting a PO Box because I'm getting too old to panic like this all the time, especially with my heart getting some maintenance earlier this year. With a PO Box all I have to worry about is a dishonest postal worker. I really hope most of you don't feel this way. It's truly unhealthy.

A question on the side; is it appropriate to mention the name of boarders we buy books from (through PM's) when posting a thread? I don't really recall seeing names specified in posts, just something along the lines of "...bought some books from a boarder..."

Here is what I have done - I bought one of those big, gray, hinged-lid storage tubs, and put it on my porch. The USPS, UPS and Fed-Ex guys/gals have all been gradually trained to put parcels into the tub, where they are out of view, and out of the sun, snow and rain.

It works great. I would think most people driving or walking by think it's garden tool/hose storage. I have to buy a new one about once every two years, as the weather breaks the plastic down, but they only cost about $12-15 to begin with. I think you can find more expensive versions that are sturdier, and last longer at a place like Fred Meyer.

A wonderful solution. You can also find large mailboxes for sale that would

hold fairly large parcels.

All my books come from overseas - I take an approach of 'they'll be here when they get here' and rarely stress about it. Sooner or later it all turns up.

I mean, given your hyperventilating at postal deliveries, it's beyond me how you've managed to stay in it in the first place.

I`m surprised he`s even able to leave his house every day, with all the terrible things that could happen to him at any moment.

All my books come from overseas - I take an approach of 'they'll be here when they get here' and rarely stress about it. Sooner or later it all turns up.

(thumbs u

Laid it on kinda thick, didn't I? Suppose I should have ended the post acknowledging that I was exaggerating my anxiety. Just making light of my concerns. Sure I fret over my books in transit, but it's not like it's the only thing on my mind all day. At least not until I buy an ASM or FF #1, or something on par with those (not from Pirate or Dice X, of course. You have my word I won't look at your selling threads (thumbs u ).

When me, my brother and my dad returned home from vacation in my mid teens we found our home broken into, robbed (including my comics) and totally trashed. Guess that left an impact on me as far as my stuff being stolen from my home. Can't imagine many people just shrugging that off as no big deal.

Thanks to those of you with the security tips and the... "kind" ... suggestions. hm

Oh, and my books are here. Well, at the Post Office. My 2nd order should be here tomorrow, and I'll be home for those. I'm sure you're all as relieved as I am :/

Except Pirate and Dice X ;)

Did i say that or did i say use cardboard. Did i say in my WTB that i want to pay double guide for everything? I'm not getting into a slugfest with you, so basically you can fold it in half and wipe your *spoon* with it for all I care. Get some customer service skills already

This is Pirate's PM to me over a $10 in OSPG 9.2 Marvel Super Special 16 Star Wars Mag that I was asking $20 shipped for after I answered his WTB for a signing. My copy was probably 9.2/9.4 or better, and was something I stored for the past 30+ years after buying off the newsstand. :cloud9:

Heh, heh, customer service skills - right.

Did i say that or did i say use cardboard. Did i say in my WTB that i want to pay double guide for everything? I'm not getting into a slugfest with you, so basically you can fold it in half and wipe your *spoon* with it for all I care. Get some customer service skills already

This is Pirate's PM to me over a $10 in OSPG 9.2 Marvel Super Special 16 Star Wars Mag that I was asking $20 shipped for after I answered his WTB for a signing. My copy was probably 9.2/9.4 or better, and was something I stored for the past 30+ years after buying off the newsstand. :cloud9:

Heh, heh, customer service skills - right.

Publishing PMs that are not germaine to a legit dispute is a punkazz move.