• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to panic

50 posts in this topic

Did i say that or did i say use cardboard. Did i say in my WTB that i want to pay double guide for everything? I'm not getting into a slugfest with you, so basically you can fold it in half and wipe your *spoon* with it for all I care. Get some customer service skills already

This is Pirate's PM to me over a $10 in OSPG 9.2 Marvel Super Special 16 Star Wars Mag that I was asking $20 shipped for after I answered his WTB for a signing. My copy was probably 9.2/9.4 or better, and was something I stored for the past 30+ years after buying off the newsstand. :cloud9:

Heh, heh, customer service skills - right.

:ohnoez:

Laid it on kinda thick, didn't I? Suppose I should have ended the post acknowledging that I was exaggerating my anxiety. Just making light of my concerns. Sure I fret over my books in transit, but it's not like it's the only thing on my mind all day. At least not until I buy an ASM or FF #1, or something on par with those (not from Pirate or Dice X, of course. You have my word I won't look at your selling threads (thumbs u ).

When me, my brother and my dad returned home from vacation in my mid teens we found our home broken into, robbed (including my comics) and totally trashed. Guess that left an impact on me as far as my stuff being stolen from my home. Can't imagine many people just shrugging that off as no big deal.

Thanks to those of you with the security tips and the... "kind" ... suggestions. hm

Oh, and my books are here. Well, at the Post Office. My 2nd order should be here tomorrow, and I'll be home for those. I'm sure you're all as relieved as I am :/

Except Pirate and Dice X ;)

DO,

Had my place ever suffered a break in & my comics & other valuables been stolen I'd be worst off than you for sure. I've never experienced a traumatic invasion of privacy & major loss like that, but it's always been a fear of mine, something I've long dreaded. So, IMO a lingering anxiety is completely understanding & you don't have anything to apologize for.

Jim

Obviously you need to give up your job so you can monitor your mail box 24/7.

I mean, given your hyperventilating at postal deliveries, it's beyond me how you've managed to stay in it in the first place.

You're probably right. Next thing you know I'll be worried about my $$$ being taken by those ebay scammers and shills those wimps are always griping about.

I work my tail off 12 hours per shift to fund my hobby. I think I have the right to worry about my stuff being lost or taken, and I know I have the right to ease the tension by joking about it in a post without first asking for your permission. :eyeroll:

I wouldn't let anything that was said in this thread bother you. With the exception of the shills, everyone who posted here is good people. Considering you're a newbie, you got off pretty easy. Respect is something that is earned. In time, I think you will get plenty. (thumbs u

I am still shell-shocked. To think someone stole my book just leaves me feeling wretched. They [police] are very surprised... that a FedEx delivery man would be so easily taken in.

My heart absolutely goes out to you steelcity. That is a lousy thing to have happened to you. :sorry:

:(