• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Strategy in Pedigreecomics JUne auction

109 posts in this topic

obviously the loss of gloss isn't that much effected, if that northland ASM 51 came back a CGC 9.8. just sayin' :whistle:

You'll just never know unless you purchase it and take it out of the slab.

I cracked a 9.4 book out this Sunday that was 9.0......, maybe 9.2 tops. The book was old label too. The only cheery note out of that whole ordeal is that the CROW pages were OW at worst. More on the dismal side is that I had a 9.0 raw copy already..., :sorry:

I think it was the worst $150 I've spent in recent history.

So Doug bought all these or someone bought and is selling over Pedigree?

My guess is Doug bought them, pressed them, had them regraded, and will list and shill bid them. (thumbs u

Or he will, like he did with me once, recommend that I get one of my buddies to shill bid up the price of a book for me.

obviously the loss of gloss isn't that much effected, if that northland ASM 51 came back a CGC 9.8. just sayin' :whistle:

I cracked a 9.4 book out this Sunday that was 9.0......, maybe 9.2 tops. The book was old label too. The only cheery note out of that whole ordeal is that the CROW pages were OW at worst. More on the dismal side is that I had a 9.0 raw copy already..., :sorry:

Mike, done right (and i know from personal experience) when pressing a book the gloss isnt even remotely affected.

So Doug bought all these or someone bought and is selling over Pedigree?

My guess is Doug bought them, pressed them, had them regraded, and will list and shill bid them. (thumbs u

Or he will, like he did with me once, recommend that I get one of my buddies to shill bid up the price of a book for me.

Nice.

can you post a scan of the book? :wishluck:

In this thread I've read quite a few things ( mostly negative ) about Doug Schmell...

For my part, in the last year or so I have spent well over $10,000 USD on Pedigree Comics and promptly received every book purchased. I also recently sold (after the 10%) $6,000 USD worth of books I managed to upgrade and a check for that amount was sent to ComicLink at my request...

So far I'm 100% on my dealings with Pedigree Comics, so even though I appreciate all this feedback ( it has certainly been "educational") I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt....

In this thread I've read quite a few things ( mostly negative ) about Doug Schmell...

For my part, in the last year or so I have spent well over $10,000 USD on Pedigree Comics and promptly received every book purchased. I also recently sold (after the 10%) $6,000 USD worth of books I managed to upgrade and a check for that amount was sent to ComicLink at my request...

So far I'm 100% on my dealings with Pedigree Comics, so even though I appreciate all this feedback ( it has certainly been "educational") I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt....

I haven't spent one penny, and proud of it. :acclaim:

You are free to spend your money how and where you want to. But if after reading about all of Doug's schenanigans you want to continue to do business... That is your choice. But how you can grant him the benefit of the doubt is bonkers to me.

I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt....

Of course you will, that was obvious after your first few posts. It's OK, there are plenty of other folks here that are equally as willing to turn a blind eye in order to get the books they want. "Moral Ambiguity" is the battle cry of many collectors. (thumbs u

...like to hear from both sides before I reach any sort of conclusion...

Fine. I'm assuming there's another side to the disbarment that Doug forgot to raise...at the disbarment. meh

And that his account had been hacked when he admitted here that he sent GPA false information. meh

Whilst your experiences have been good, by continuing to do business with somebody that lacks the ethics that Doug does, you are basically saying to him 'it's alright to be a shyster so long as I don't suffer'.

You are also helping keep him in business, which is to the detriment of all.

Point taken.

By the way, just bookmarked your web site. Came across your post in the Selling section. Looks good, is it possible to set up want lists ?

It will be within a couple of weeks. Just working out some little tweaks with the functionality. (thumbs u

I'm all for not doing business with known shady people but DAMN since i joined up here and started reading, it has really shrunk the list of people i can do business with!

I've read bad things on here about Comiclink, Pedigree and Heritage auctions. Where the hell are we supposed to buy our damn funny books nowadays? ???

Anybody with an ounce of morals/ethics avoids him like the plague. (thumbs u

You are one of the bigger Doug bashers in every thread entailing Pedigree....and IMHO that is fine if you want to do that. From what I read from you and hear of you, you are an intelligent stand up guy, so your opinions IMHO have merit. Ensuing, please don't start lumping together and bashing other people/Boardies cause they choose to buy or sell books via Pedigree. Last I checked from family and friends I have over an ounce of morals/ethics.

Would love to hear the dirt on ComicLink ( don't deal with Heritage cause they blew me away on account I'm from Europe WTF!!!??? )

But I'll run a search on ComicLink and find out for myself...