• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

James Jean - My Chemical Romance Black Parade Final Line Drawing

8 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I am selling an original James Jean piece that I personally bought from him back in 2008. It is the final line drawing of the Black Parade album cover. It is professionally framed using ultraviolet protective glass. I am asking $15000. At that price, I will deliver the piece to your door anywhere in US or Canada, free of charge.

This is probably one of James most elaborate commissioned work.

ComicArtFans Link to Artwork

Thanks for looking.

Pete

Hey all,

I am selling an original James Jean piece that I personally bought from him back in 2008. It is the final line drawing of the Black Parade album cover. It is professionally framed using ultraviolet protective glass. I am asking $15000. At that price, I will deliver the piece to your door anywhere in US or Canada, free of charge.

Thanks for looking.

Pete

Just amazing...a great piece for any medium, genre or age.

I love that so much. The album wasn't half bad either.

Hey all,

Thanks for looking.

Pete

Just amazing...a great piece for any medium, genre or age.

I love that so much. The album wasn't half bad either.

The piece is actually probably james jeans best piece ever. And that is saying alot considering the fables covers

The album was amazing. the songs had stories and feelings. The set list had a perfect flow to it. It was angry and sad yet uplifting. It is everything a great album should be

If it wasn't for MCR, The Killers, and muse I wouldn't listen to new music.

This art is amazing I hope you sell it. I wish I could buy it.

:bump:

A decade on from the OP's @ComicsAndCode post...does anyone know where this piece ended up?  It's the finished line drawing for the My Chemical Romance album cover to "Welcome to the Black Parade" by James Jean. The prelim sold at Heritage last year (I'm not interested in that one), but I'm not sure what happened to the finished line art. 

Some may recall that the piece was shopped around and, frankly, got very overexposed between 2011-13.  I did a deep dive through my old e-mails/records and saw that, at one point, it was offered for as high as $22K and then as low as $8.2K after numerous price reductions.  At some point, I offered $7.5K for it, which was initially rejected, but, the seller (not sure if it was the OP or if it had changed hands by then) came back to me and said he'd take it, but, regrettably, the moment had passed for me and I was no longer interested at that time. #regrets

Fast forward to 2021, though, and I'm feeling a lot of nostalgia for that period of music and I'd definitely have interest in buying and/or trading for this piece if anyone knows where it ended up!  Please DM me or hit me up on CAF (https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=2354) or Instagram (@collections_gp) if you have any info - thanks!

- Gene

204527813_JamesJeanMyChemicalRomance2.jpg.eba2f99aa94e3f78441db397a3db0fa1.jpg323971303_JamesJeanMyChemicalRomancealbumcover.thumb.jpg.d7dc9014f31a2e65bb74d74f2786569b.jpg

Edited by delekkerste