• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Cap 100, Adams Batman/Tec/GL, Starlin, more!!! 20% OFF!!!

19 posts in this topic

Hey all...been away from the Boards for a few months while recovering from some minor knee surgery -- sucks getting old! Anyway, here are a few extra books that accumulated over the winter which now need to find happy new homes.

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING: $8 flat rate for securely packaged USPS Priority Insured with Delivery Confirmation no matter how many books you buy.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Charged at my exact cost to Canada, Europe, Australia, and the UK only. Buyer assumes all risks for overseas shipping, and I will NOT falsify customs data. If you're an international buyer, PLEASE contact me first via PM before committing to buy!!!

GRADING: I can't guarantee any "stealth" 9.4s in this batch...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=4851966

...but I always want happy customers (just ask my repeat buyers!), and my grading is always pretty darn conservative!

:takeit: rules over PMs (from domestic or international buyers), PayPal is strongly preferred, and is the ONLY method of payment I accept from international buyers!

First books up in a few!

Thanks,

Mikey

Batman #245: F/VF. Neal Adams cover and art. Very bright and glossy copy with mostly ncb wear. Bought here on the boards from Greg Reece. Offered now at the same grade and price.

$20

SOLD!!!

batman-245.jpg

Captain America #100: VF-. VERY nice book for the grade -- flat and bright with W/OW pages. One long transverse crease on the FC (through the "A" & "T in "AT" at the top edge down to the top of the "I" in "AMERICA" in the logo) which barely breaks color for about half of its length (somewhat hard to see in the scan), and some wear along the top edge (visible in the scan). Otherwise it's a winner!

$180

SOLD via PM!!!

cap-100-a.jpg

cap-100-b.jpg

Captain America #107: VF/VF-. Cap, Bucky, Kirby, Syd Shores, mind control, Dr. Faustus (his first appearance, not counting Christopher Marlowe!), heavy melodrama a la Stan Lee, and a Red Skull cover, too! What more could you want from a '68 Marvel! Nice book...flat, bright, and tight -- the top edge wear is about the worst of it.

$25

SOLD via PM!!!

cap-107.jpg

Detective Comics #395: VG. This is where the classic Bronze Age O'Neil-Adams Batman begins. Brilliant story, cover and art! Bottom staple popped. Still looks good in the mylar, and reads the same as a 9.8!! :)

$12

SOLD!!!

detective-395.jpg

Green Lantern #85: F/VF. Yep...Adams again, and a drug book, too. It's pleasant to think of a time when this sort of thing was actually...shocking. Pretty nice copy for the dough.

$25

SOLD via PM!!!

green-lantern-85.jpg

Detective Comics #395: VG. This is where the classic Bronze Age O'Neil-Adams Batman begins. Brilliant story, cover and art! Bottom staple popped. Still looks good in the mylar, and reads the same as a 9.8!! :)

$12

detective-395.jpg

:takeit:

:applause:

Thanks!!!

Strange Tales #135: Fair/Good. Beat, but it's all there and VERY readable. Nick Fury and SHIELD, of course, but there's great Ditko art on the Dr. Strange back-up story, too!

$20

strange-tales-135.jpg

All-New Collectors Edition C-56: Superman vs. Muhammad Ali: G/VG. SUPERB & ASTOUNDING original late '70s story and art in an oversized, treasury-edition format by Neal Adams (with a plot assist from Denny O'Neil). Outstanding!! From the wraparound, unlicensed celebrity-bloated cover to the "Star Wars" inspired marketing blurb to Ali's implausible but oh-so-right dialogue, this is '70s komics kitsch at its finest, with the added benefit of a HEAPING helping of gorgeous, transcendent comics artwork from Adams at his absolute peak, working on DC's signature character as he should have been all along! I read this again last week, and it was every bit as cool, befuddling, silly, pretentious, serious, and fun as it was when I bought my first copy off the stands at Drug Fair way back in 1978! Awesome!

For some reason, I tend to see more higher grade copies of these (priced accordingly) than lower grade, cheaper readers. So this is the one for you if you want the real thing, and don't want to shuck out $40 or whatever it is for the recent "facsimile" HC edition that DC put out last year.

$20

supes-vs-ali-1.jpg

EDIT: I borrowed these images from Mile High (but NOT their bandwith) to illustrate just how breathtaking Adams' work is in this book for those who might not have seen it. I mean...check out this NYC street scene! I can't imagine any modern artist having the patience (or talent and skill) to pull off a bravura display of verisimilitude like this in a mainstream superhero comic book. Outstanding!

p1.gifp2.gif