• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, so what's YOUR shocking confession about your collection?

90 posts in this topic

My collection confession is that I'm not a packrat, soon as I acquire too much I start getting rid of stuff. "Getting rid of" usually= ripping stuff up instead of selling, for various reasons

Actually I just destroyed something pretty nice a few minutes ago

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It places the lotion in the basket. :eek:

...am I the girl in the hole or the guy with the cat? :baiting:

:o:cry::eek::insane::o:insane::o:preach:

I am Mr CRAZYCATLADY

I am a hoarder when it comes to comics, which explains why i have close to 70 long boxes.

HOLY SEVENTY!!!!longboxes!!!This crazy hoarder I know has

a thousand(true story,but he wont let me take pics)give or take,in his dwelling

area.I canna call it a home.

I am a hoarder when it comes to comics, which explains why i have close to 70 long boxes.

HOLY SEVENTY!!!!longboxes!!!This crazy hoarder I know has

a thousand(true story,but he wont let me take pics)give or take,in his dwelling

area.I canna call it a home.

Someone call hoarders! :ohnoez:

REALLY embarrassed to confess that I went through about an 18-month stealing phase as a young teen (age 14-15)...cassette tapes, candy and yes even comics. I took a bunch from my LCS, from the local drugstore and even some from a couple of local shows. Nothing high-dollar...although I do remember I pilfered a Hulk 181 at a show, this was back in 1980 so it was maybe a $20 book then. Don't know why I did it...I wasn't poor, just a stupid teen...was dared to do it and got a thrill out of it.

Feel very, very guilty even to this day and need to make up for it somehow, someday (aside from praying for forgiveness)...perhaps I'll donate some nice books to some kids at the next show I go to. Any other ideas how to atone? (no I have no recollection who the actual dealers were, or even the name of the LCS)

It was 30 years ago but still bothers me.. :sorry:

Now that is shocking! I am curious if he tended to take care of and keep his books up til now? If yes, that really hurts! If he dumped them anyway a few years later, then no big deal. hm

When I was 7 or 8 (1970) I was looking at my older brothers comic book collection when he was'nt around,and I started tearing some of them up.One of the books was an AF 15 that I ripped to shreads,man my brother was pretty upset.Not my collection but something that I was involved in. doh!

Now that is shocking! I am curious if he tended to take care of and keep his books up til now? If yes, that really hurts! If he dumped them anyway a few years later, then no big deal. hm

When I was 7 or 8 (1970) I was looking at my older brothers comic book collection when he was'nt around,and I started tearing some of them up.One of the books was an AF 15 that I ripped to shreads,man my brother was pretty upset.Not my collection but something that I was involved in. doh!

No he does'nt have them anymore,back then we actually read comics.I used to put baseball cards on the spokes of my bicycle too,good times. :cloud9:

I found my brothers Marvel Bronze age collection in the loft (attic) when I helped my parents move house, I "assimilated" them into my collection without telling him, included some nice DC horror.

When he came around my house the next time he spotted them and said "These seem awfully familliar...." I quickly showed him a NM Batman #232 I had just purchased, "Look at the pretty green colours... thats right, step away from bronze books on the floor".

He still asks about them.....