• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beaumont's Black Panther's - What Happened?

18 posts in this topic

no offence to the Kirby lovers, but i think that's when Kirby started hitting the crack pipe! 893whatthe.gif man that art is horrible, and unfortunately that's how i remembered Kirby in my youth. foreheadslap.gif needless to say thank god for Marvel Origins and Son of Origins. thumbsup2.gif

If I recall correctly, I had a bid of $350 on the #1 9.8 when he put it up the first time, and didn't hit reserve. Wish I'd paid more attention to this auction this time.

I seem to remember the single 9.8 issue going pretty high, but not meeting reserve:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2237356890

If I recall correctly, I had a bid of $350 on the #1 9.8 when he put it up the first time, and didn't hit reserve.

Yeah, and relative to what was being bid on the BP #1 9.8 alone, this lot seemed like a real deal.

If I recall correctly, I had a bid of $350 on the #1 9.8 when he put it up the first time, and didn't hit reserve.

Yeah, and relative to what was being bid on the BP #1 9.8 alone, this lot seemed like a real deal.

I got VERY, VERY lucky... (unfortunately Ty didn't... crazy.gif sorry Ty)

I was obviously stunned/surprised that I won at that price. I expected it to go $550-$650ish. Regardless of the solo "non-sale", I didn't expect the rest of the lot to enhance the value too much. I was going to bid somewhere around $500 "wishfully".

I actually lost track of the closing time (as I was at my new night job) and meant to go back and snipe my best bid but was absorbed in my work. When I checked back, and noticed it was not in the "items i was bidding on"... I scrolled down to see what it sold for in "items I lost" only to see it green... in "items i won"??

I get the feeling that the "lot grouping" may have escaped the notice, or "turned off" the others that bid when it was a solo (#1 only) listing with a high reserve... like FFB mentioned (and I now realize is "Highend Collectibles"). I'm also betting that some may have expected there was an even greater reserve in place, and did not "watch it" or check it out closely. confused-smiley-013.gif

Backtracking... I was surprised to see the #1 hit $430 the first time as I had it pegged for a $300-$350 close... but there is a lot of new blood out there buying up 9.8's. (ex: I saw a Micronauts #1 9.8 sell for $70). My cap for the #1 solo was between that range reluctantly, but not near where it ended. I asked Ty if he mentioned how high the reserve was on the forum as that may have led to some aggressive (safe) bidding when it was solo.

In this case I wish I didn't know the seller to be honest... and that he's a forum brother, so I could fully enjoy my "rare ebay good fortune". Right now, I feel a bit badly for Ty and feel like I should do something to ease his misfortune.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Right now, I feel a bit badly for Ty and feel like I should do something to ease his misfortune.

Win some of Ewert's JAs and gift them to him? smirk.gif

Hey Bruce:

I'm not "Highend Collectibles." That's someone else.

I got VERY, VERY lucky... (unfortunately Ty didn't... crazy.gif sorry Ty)

I was obviously stunned/surprised that I won at that price. I expected it to go $550-$650ish. Regardless of the solo "non-sale", I didn't expect the rest of the lot to enhance the value too much. I was going to bid somewhere around $500 "wishfully".

I actually lost track of the closing time (as I was at my new night job) and meant to go back and snipe my best bid but was absorbed in my work. When I checked back, and noticed it was not in the "items i was bidding on"... I scrolled down to see what it sold for in "items I lost" only to see it green... in "items i won"??

I get the feeling that the "lot grouping" may have escaped the notice, or "turned off" the others that bid when it was a solo (#1 only) listing with a high reserve... like FFB mentioned (and I now realize is "Highend Collectibles"). I'm also betting that some may have expected there was an even greater reserve in place, and did not "watch it" or check it out closely. confused-smiley-013.gif

Backtracking... I was surprised to see the #1 hit $430 the first time as I had it pegged for a $300-$350 close... but there is a lot of new blood out there buying up 9.8's. (ex: I saw a Micronauts #1 9.8 sell for $70). My cap for the #1 solo was between that range reluctantly, but not near where it ended. I asked Ty if he mentioned how high the reserve was on the forum as that may have led to some aggressive (safe) bidding when it was solo.

In this case I wish I didn't know the seller to be honest... and that he's a forum brother, so I could fully enjoy my "rare ebay good fortune". Right now, I feel a bit badly for Ty and feel like I should do something to ease his misfortune.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I kind of feel bad for him also but knew who you were Bruce so I refrained from bidding on it as you are in search of stuff like this.Although I considered it for a flip which maybe you will do! Congrats though as all is fair in Love and war! No Offense to Beaumonts as he seems to be a great board member!

Davidking623

No one dare bid against the Godfather. Those who do end up sleeping with fishes. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I wish... I think there are a few that just "spite bid" against me too for past losses and to reduce my spending cash. smirk.gif Sort of balances out. I also do not bid against many people that I am (unfortunately) aware of their serious wants. Comes around... goes around.

I was quite surprised with the outcome also. I really don't know what to say, other then it was a expensive lesson. I'm glad Bruce won, and I thank the other board members for there kind words. Thanks, Ty