• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what triggers an upgrade?

37 posts in this topic

A crack, press and resubmission.

Nobody mentioned CGC books.

No one mentioned a wanker either, yet here you are. Plus, an upgrade means different things to different people.

My thinking on buying and upgrading has changed in the last few years. I used to wait until the right book came along, but I'm working on so many runs, some of which include oddball books that don't turn up all the time, that I've shifted to buying placeholders in certain instances as long as they're not total beaters, and upgrading when better copies show up.

In some other instances I may replace previous keepers if I happen to run across a nicer copy at a price I can't pass up.

usually I try and pick up choice copies the first time around. But if I pick up a collection that has numbers I need, usually they go in the collection and force an upgrade. But usually upgrades only happen when I can't pass up an insane deal, then I can move my undercopy to pay for the new book.

No one mentioned a wanker either, yet here you are. Plus, an upgrade means different things to different people.

Yes I am, and yes it is. You were being very shortsighted in your response dear Watson.

Yes I am, and yes it is. You were being very shortsighted in your response dear Watson.

I think that his answer was awesome, and that you both are wankers.

He knows I'm just busting his bollocks. He enjoys it.

Guess I am not with the majority, I dont upgrade anything once I have what I want no matter the grade. Then again I am not that into caring about what grade a comic book is when I want it.

There's a certain freedom in that.

When I was a kid and there was no access to back issues aside from a shelf in the local smoke shop and perhaps someone's older brother -- I don't think I even noticed whether a cover was creased or the paper colour was cream.

It was about the issue number on the front and the story inside. I was still discovering the Marvel Universe and a Spider-Man with a "big Spidey head" in the left corner was like a foreign land.

I <3 U. :cloud9:

I <3 U. :cloud9:

This thread made my weekend. :cloud9: