• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ugliest book you own thread.

21 posts in this topic

I've seen an amazing ammount of stunning comics since I've joined this site! Some stuff is unbelievably fresh and minty, but I want to show some love to the mangy, smelly, ugly and downright awful in our collections. Let's see the dogs of comics! The lowest of the low-grade readers! Comics that otherwise would be lining the birdcage, or keeping the oil leak from the car from staining the garage floor!

I'll start with my manky copy of Marvel Tales #108:

MarvelTales108.jpg

And some tarnished silver - Daredevil #4:

Daredevil4front.jpg

Daredevil4back.jpg

Let's see those uggos!

James

SevenSeas4.jpg

Someday I will upgrade. But until then, she's still :cloud9: to me.

(thumbs u WOW! That's a goodie, no matter what the grade! O_o

James

There seems to be some stuff going on around the staples, But otherwise that's a nice looking copy.

How about this "beat but complete" beauty--

TTA44-front.jpg

This is the GA forum. :baiting:

Besides, that's a pretty book. You probably got a pretty good deal on it too! ;)

Yeah, there is a trashed book thread in the Silver Age room that book would look good in...

SevenSeas4.jpg

James

There seems to be some stuff going on around the staples, But otherwise that's a nice looking copy.

Dibs on the undercopy when you do upgrade (thumbs u

... seriously.

SevenSeas4.jpg

James

Dibs on the undercopy when you do upgrade (thumbs u

... seriously.

The scan makes the book look better than it really is. And there's minor color touch near one of the staples, but I wonder if I excised it with an Xacto knife if it would really affect the grade.

Someday I will upgrade. But until then, she's still...cloud-9 to me.

This sample looks good to me too. Looks like a solid, undefiled book, despite the staple and spine wear. I'd be quite happy to have this one in my collection, just as you are SeanK. It has been on my want-list (amongst others) for many years now. It looks even too nice to be grouped with the fair and poor copies posted here. No offense to the other books. Sometimes for very scarce books, such low grade, tarnished and tattered copies are the only ones a Collector can locate. Or for keys and blue chips, such may be the only affordable ones.

112675.jpg.f98c9d3587f272f3650151b39f62a035.jpg

Now I think this is more the type of thing this thread needs! Too many nice looking books so far for an Ugliest thread. :grin:

That is one fugly book!!!!!!! (thumbs u

gary, that one's ugly in 9.8.

here might be my beatest book. useta have a comedy 11 with half a fc, but i sold it. one of my geeks said it was from the "circle ate" collection.

dynamic8.jpg