• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #11 - CGC 7.0

7 posts in this topic

Figured I'd offer it up one last time before shipping off to ComicLink next month.

Presents beautifully with great color and nice whites on cover. Purchased on e-Bay four years ago for $860. (Performed much better than the house I also purchased in 2007).

Batman #11 CGC 7.0 moderate restoration - color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, reinforced, reglossed and staples replaced.

$850 shipped in U.S.

Batman-11-better-scan.jpg

I thought you could replace staples in a book of that era so long as you replaced them with staples of that era (sounds a little redundant). Not like a can afford to start a collection, but I remember reading something along those lines...

Sorry, not trying to clog up your sales thread.

I thought you could replace staples in a book of that era so long as you replaced them with staples of that era (sounds a little redundant). Not like a can afford to start a collection, but I remember reading something along those lines...

No, staple replacement will cause a book to lose it's blue label status. I'd be curious who did the resto work on this book as it (at first glance anyhow) looks to be really nicely done!

If there was any rust transfer from the staples to the centerfold, merely replacing the staples wouldn't change the existence of the rust transfer. That's where a some (not all) "staple replacement" is detectable, even if the exact dimension of original staple is the replacement through the original staple fenestration hole.