• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Slay Official Signature Series Sketch Opportunity

127 posts in this topic

Just curious, it seems that every sketch hides or obscures some section of the arm or forearm; either by foreshortening or behind something... Even the card sketches are like this.

Is that just a coincidence?

Just curious, it seems that every sketch hides or obscures some section of the arm or forearm; either by foreshortening or behind something... Even the card sketches are like this.

I think its mostly a Jae Lee influence and the heavy black create more drama. Creating a balance between positive and negative space.

lol Matt Slay forearm in full glory!

VCCVenomsketch.jpg

lol Matt Slay forearm in full glory!

VCCVenomsketch.jpg

but the left arm is missing. :) None have both either totally un-obscured or not foreshortened.

Just something interesting I noticed.. No biggie.

That IS his left arm.

Wow....

Ok... solution:

Maybe I need to do a Green Arrow themed cover showcasing Speedy's epicly tracked forearms. That way I could be both anatomical AND socially relevant. Look out hard-hitting topical art world.... HERE I COME!!!!!

It could be a gatefold cover... with The Tick (of all people) offering him a SPOOOOONNNN!!!!!!

but the left arm is missing. :) None have both either totally un-obscured or not foreshortened.

hm I will take this as an opportunity to showcase some things then :cloud9:

I present! Forearms! (Just kidding ya) Matt's range and scope really is amazing.

ff_spidey_tonal_by_spaciousinterior-d3bq9vn.jpg

x_force_wolverine_by_spaciousinterior-d36vqy8.jpg

SpidermanProgression.png

Hulk181ReproProgression.png

FatherProgression.png

AngelProgression.png

ErbitProgression.png

hm I will take this as an opportunity to showcase some things then :cloud9:

I present! Forearms! (Just kidding ya) Matt's range and scope really is amazing.

Yeah, those are nice and all, but I don't see ANY with sledgehammers OR the Purdue "P" featured. :(

;)