• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Slay Official Signature Series Sketch Opportunity

127 posts in this topic

Recap of the available covers. All prices include all of the fees including grading and return shipping for SS.

This section $150

colossus_sketch_cover_by_spaciousinterior-d39btmc.jpg

mystique_sketch_cover_by_spaciousinterior-d3anctb.jpg

Weapon_X_sketch_cover_hi-res.jpg

Red_Skull_sketch_cover_hi-res.jpg

Thing_sketch_cover_hi-res.jpg

Sabertooth_sketch_cover.jpg

x_men_sketch_cover_2_by_spaciousinterior-d38jm11.jpg

This section $200

Sabertoothsketchcoverwatercolors.jpg

HeroicAgeCapcover.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT! COPICS ARE HERE!

We are now offering all existing customers, as well as those wanting to get in on this opp the opportunity for colored sketches. Watercolors work fine for bust shots, but not full front and back covers so!... here is the first!

Psylockesketchcover.jpg

All sketches available for sale above can be colored upon request, or your Slay sketch if you already have one can be colored for just $25.

We are offering Full Figure colored sketches for this opp at $175 all inclusive!!!!

dude can do color

He sure can! :o

Yeah and he's just now picking up copics for the first time. No big deal.

I saw the end of the video of yours! It is going to be awesome.

Thank you for the support and to all those who watched the cast the other night. The markers a quite a boon for me. As a painter, it was suggested by 2 folks (who's advice I would be a fool not to trust) that I pick up copics brush tip ciao markers and they put me on familiar ground. The techniques are the same as water color painting... but the mechanics are very different.

The Psylocke was not by request (but is certainly available to anyone who is as big a Psylocke fan as I), I simply needed to break into the medium and do a practice piece. That's the first thing I ever did with markers and I certainly learned a lot from it. The double sided cover I began will have significant improvements to it as I am now getting past the early "rough" stages of learning.

I'm discovering (with the ciao style) that I can get a neat, obvious "brush stroke" look to what I'm doing and that i can use those brush strokes to define contours and dynamics. it gives the finished piece a looser, more "painterly" look that Bob Ross would approve of. ;)

I did a thanos tonal painting at a con earlier this year. I would certainly relish the chance to do another... spend a little more time really locking him down. Hands down one of my favorite villains and worth getting right. There really is no better dialogue than Thanos talking down to heroes. Villains and gods alike.

Matt will be live casting tomorrow night at 7 PM EST!

Here is the link: http://www.livestream.com/splatterfiend

We will be coloring a few things and finishing up some covers!

We are accepting CGC SS sketch cover commissions and if you would like to come in tomorrow you can place an order there or PM me.

Jake