• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I were to register for the awards...would I even be considered?

47 posts in this topic

not so sure

i put mine in 5-8-10, someone else had theirs there 2-7-10

if we say mine and his were the only 2 sets then his should have been #1 bc his was in 1st

nm just looked we both got it last year, guessing bc we were tied for #1 (shrug)

ok just noticed another oddity, i'm #3 tied with 6 others.....#2 has the same amt of books we do and points, how can he be #2 only difference is he has a discription

i thought it was points based, that's saying i can put a discription and photo (which #2 doesn't have) and go to #2 i don't understand how that works

not so sure

if we say mine and his were the only 2 sets then his should have been #1 bc his was in 1st

nm just looked we both got it last year, guessing bc we were tied for #1 (shrug)

ok just noticed another oddity, i'm #3 tied with 6 others.....#2 has the same amt of books we do and points, how can he be #2 only difference is he has a discription

i thought it was points based, that's saying i can put a discription and photo (which #2 doesn't have) and go to #2 i don't understand how that works

That's exactly how it works.

If two sets are tied on points, having descriptions will put you in the lead.

If two sets are tied on points & both have descriptions, having photos will put you in the lead.

Thanks all - this thread was an awesome read. I've gone from 2 CGC books (that I got for $20 on ebay) to about 80 or so (even submitted my first batch of 7 books this past April/May!) in the last year and cannot wait to start marking some in sets. have no idea how to do go about it, but will learn - just need to familiarize myself with the system...

Again, some of you have ridiculous sets, others have inspiring sets, these boards have put the passion back in it for me - for a while i was dragging and just buying books because i felt almost obliged and other, more personal, reasons...

enough with the rant - GREAT thread and informative posts!

not so sure

That's exactly how it works.

If two sets are tied on points, having descriptions will put you in the lead.

If two sets are tied on points & both have descriptions, having photos will put you in the lead.

lol maybe i should just go though and put in discription a random typing of letters, much like i do for the set name......i tried to come up with names in the begining but got fed up with telling me "name already taken" so now i just hgioasdf and that's the sets name (shrug)