• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I were to register for the awards...would I even be considered?

47 posts in this topic

I have a complete run of TOS and currently in 20th position. With sets like Captaintrips it's not even close to that caliber a run but I would enter if I had a shot at something

Would I even have a chance? I don't know the rules of how it works.

Thanks

Thanks...so in others words...I'm not in the running for anything. lol

It's cool. I didn't do the registry for awards...more to log my comics but it was worth a question.

If you have a set, you're already in no matter what. Only 1st place sets win awards :( That, or you can win best GA, SA, BA, CA or MA set in the Registry, or Best Presented, or Best Overall Achievement in Comic Collecting.
I'm not sure what you mean by saying only 1st place sets win awards.

If you have a set, you're already in no matter what. Only 1st place sets win awards :( That, or you can win best GA, SA, BA, CA or MA set in the Registry, or Best Presented, or Best Overall Achievement in Comic Collecting.

They only send out certificates to those who place #1 in an individual set. At least, that was my understanding. :foryou:

They only send out certificates to those who place #1 in an individual set. At least, that was my understanding. :foryou:

You are correct. However, you don't need to have a top ranking set to win one of the awards for best GA, SA ect...

You are correct. However, you don't need to have a top ranking set to win one of the awards for best GA, SA ect...

You actually do.

If your set isn't #1 in its category, there's zero chance of it winning a "best in era" award - which, when you think about it, makes perfect sense; how can your set be the best of an era if it isn't even the top ranked set in its own individual category?

You actually do.

If your set isn't #1 in its category, there's zero chance of it winning a "best in era" award - which, when you think about it, makes perfect sense; how can your set be the best of an era if it isn't even the top ranked set in its own individual category?

I think you can only get the "Best Presented Set" without having the #1 set? hm

You actually do.

Not so. Colmoreman won Best Modern Age Set in 2007 with his Bronze Age X-Men #94-#143 set in the number three position.

Scrape1 won an SA award for his Avengers set last year when he was in second place. I don't think being first is as important as some people think.

You actually do.

Not so. Colmoreman won Best Modern Age Set in 2007 with his Bronze Age X-Men #94-#143 set in the number three position.

I won an award last year for best golden age set. I believe I ranked 4th in the registry for Action #1 through #100

Scrape1 won an SA award for his Avengers set last year when he was in second place. I don't think being first is as important as some people think.

It's all at the discretion of the CGC, for lack of a better word, judges.

I would think though, that if you don't have any of the covers showing in your set..... you won't win anything :popcorn:

I checked out your TOS set Mark....... you need pictures pictures pictures :grin:

I would think though, that if you don't have any of the covers showing in your set..... you won't win anything :popcorn:

Again, not so. For example, of the three Golden Age winners last year, only one set had any pictures at all. In the Silver Age category, there was a total of two pictures between the three sets. One didn't begin to see any pictures in earnest until they reached the Bronze and Modern Age sets.

Again, not so. For example, of the three Golden Age winners last year, only one set had any pictures at all. In the Silver Age category, there was a total of two pictures between the three sets. One didn't begin to see any pictures in earnest until they reached the Bronze and Modern Age sets.

I believe the comment "pictures of most" was one of the reasons the golden age set you mentioned won.

I believe the comment "pictures of most" was one of the reasons the golden age set you mentioned won.

Your set was the one I was referring to and out of 65 books registered, you have nineteen pictures. The other two have none.