• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COME ON STAN ARE YOU FOR REAL!

78 posts in this topic

And I am all for everyone believing in and posting whatever they want. Even SS haters. But I will counter all SS hater propaganda with

YUNO.jpg

as much as I can because I love SS.

ca_117_94.jpg

Look at Kirby's signatures. I've only ever seen him sign the bottom of the splash page in ballpoint pen - the way it should be!

Why would you deface a work of art? Isn't that what a comic book is - a work of art?

This was a concious decision by Kirby. You simply don't deface artwork. Any writing or ink (date) stamps would fall into that category.

rantrant

seems people want to argue over getting ss books or not. i think if you dont want your books signed great. if you do that is great as well.

im not going to knock someone for selling a blue label book for a price that they could possibly double just by getting a sig on the book. people can hate all they want but the fact of the matter is that having a nice book signed on the cover with a nice color in a good location only makes the book worth more money. in some cases it doubles or triples value. not an opinion but fact.

in my case i have always been an autograph collector. with cgc doing their ss thing it just allows me to get authentic sigs on books and improve my collection.

seems people want to argue over getting ss books or not. i think if you dont want your books signed great. if you do that is great as well.

im not going to knock someone for selling a blue label book for a price that they could possibly double just by getting a sig on the book. people can hate all they want but the fact of the matter is that having a nice book signed on the cover with a nice color in a good location only makes the book worth more money. in some cases it doubles or triples value. not an opinion but fact.

in my case i have always been an autograph collector. with cgc doing their ss thing it just allows me to get authentic sigs on books and improve my collection.

+1

I've been getting books signed since long before CGC or SS existed and had always left it up to the signer as to where they placed their signature whether it be on the front cover or the bottom of the first page. As for the signature defacing the art... I once (probably around 1994) had a brief conversation with Dan Jurgens who told me he always works a spot into the cover where he can sign the book without drawing attention away from the artwork.

I'm gonna try. I totally respect the haters and their opinion. But I am not going to let General become a bastion of SS hate. SS lovers represent! (They don't get out into General very much because of both the latent and the active hate.)

Proof please.

Proof please.

The best one of all time was George's St #1 9.8 yellow label that went for 5k when blue labels were a little under 2k (Sorry DJ!)

I have sold dozens of books Yellow label for many multiples of Blue label guide. Mike turner books that are 15-30 bucks in blue label 9.8 are easy 50-75 if MT signed them and they got SS'd. On some hard to get sigs (Kaluta, Sam Kieth etc. ) the multiples can be staggering, because the unsigned books have virtually no market at all.

I have also paid 200-400 for a book with very little market value because of the sigs on them - books that without the sigs i would not have taken for free.

It is not a sure thing, by any stretch of the imagination, but lots of people like autos and this is the best way in the world to get them on comics.

thanks sean

its really easy for anyone who doesnt believe to go and see. look at any completed listings on ebay for a certain book. ss books always sell for more then their blue label sisters and brothers.

well that is if the person who signs the book doesnt sign right across the face of the title character.

thanks sean

its really easy for anyone who doesnt believe to go and see. look at any completed listings on ebay for a certain book. ss books always sell for more then their blue label sisters and brothers.

well that is if the person who signs the book doesnt sign right across the face of the title character.

:signfunny: