• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reputable dealers that accept layaway or payment terms...

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I normally collect a lot of currency (i.e. antique paper money); but alas, I do collect CGC graded comics in 9.2 grade on up. I mainly collect bronze age comics and late silver age comics (1965 or higher). This leads me to my question.

In the paper money collecting field it is not uncommon to drop $2,000 on a single note, if not more. As a result of spending this amount of cash on one item, a lot of dealers accept 90 day payment plans (i.e. layaway). I was wondering if any REPUTABLE comic book dealers do this as well?

I have heard 'horror stories' of some dealers who offer layaway, then 'reneg' on the agreement if the GPA price changes mid sale. Since I value ethics and integrity (not to mention a verbal agreement); I would like to steer clear of these kind of dealers.

I have been checking out the 'Silver Age' forum, as they have a list of good solid dealers, but they do not include details as to whether each one accepts layaway. Also, is it even possible to get a good price when doing a layaway purchase or do most dealers up the price above the GPA average?

Any help is appreciated...as lately I have been buying on Comic Link. However, for some larger purchases I would rather use a layaway option rather than tie up my cash all at once or use a credit card.

Thanks again!

Just PM any seller when you see a book of interest. Many around here accept time payments.

I don't want to list all of the folks who have extended me time payments, because their offers may be situational.

Just PM any seller when you see a book of interest. Many around here accept time payments.

I don't want to list all of the folks who have extended me time payments, because their offers may be situational.

+1

If the seller starts their thread with "Need Money Today" or "Final Sex Change Operation Payment Due Today" they probably have a quick need for cash. But for the lovely members who sell here frequently they are usually amenable to time payments.

Also has to do with reputation or past experience with you as a buyer. (thumbs u

Thanks guys. Some of the sellers or dealers listed here I actually never heard of (I am sorry to say). I will gladly take the advice given; and I fully understand if no one is comfortable naming certain dealers, as I know some currency dealers have cut me some great deals over the years with layaway...

Thanks again...