• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: "Reader runs" of the following...

4 posts in this topic

I have a nephew who turns 8 this year. He's getting interested in comics, and I want to help fuel his interest, but I also want to make sure I get comics that are age-appropriate. I've seen "Adventures" titles (Superman Adventures, Justice League Adventures, etc.) in some mixed lots I bought last year and in my LCS, and those seem to be marketed more toward kids (is that correct?).

If that is correct, I'd be interested in buying runs (don't necessarily have to be 100% complete) of reader copies of any of the "Adventures" titles, like Superman Adventures, Justice League Adventures, Batman Adventures (or is it Batman & Robin Adventures?), Marvel Adventures, Marvel Action Hour, etc.

I emphasize reader copies because he'll only be 8, so I doubt they'll be treated like fine china. They'll be treated like reader copies, so that's what I'd like to get him - a big ol' stack of stuff for him to read and reread for years to come. So, the more I can get for my money, the better.

Also, a side request - if anyone has any reader copies of any Sgt. Rock comics, I'd also be interested in them. During a recent conversation about comic books, a guy who works at the local food bank (I volunteer there every Saturday) told me that he used to love Sgt. Rock when he was a kid. I'd like to surprise him with a stack of Sgt. Rock comics if I can find nice reader copies. He's a good guy, a good friend, and does a lot of good working there at the food bank.

Thanks to anyone who can help with either of these requests!

Chris

Chris,

You are not alone in your quest. I was shocked at the results of my recent auction for gotham adventures reader copies...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2230762782&ed=1079300308

Anyhow, I'll PM you with some info on some Marvels. I'll check to see if I have any DCs left!

Nesta