• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My idea for an X-Men movie: Days of the Future Past, fixing The Last Stand

10 posts in this topic

So the other night, I was bored and I got to typing and thinking. I've had the idea brewing in my head for a while, but I never put it down in Word. Having about a page of ideas, I figured why not share them here for discussion.

I really enjyoed X-Men first class, and I think my idea for this X-Men movie can fit in down the road, it doesn't have to be the NEXT X-Men movie by any means.

It's a big long, but I would sooo pay money to see this movie I have in my head. Comment and discuss please!

X-Men: Days of the Future Past (film)

Take key events of X-Men 3: The Last Stand - the death of Cyclops, the death of Professor X and the end of the Dark Phoenix plot as laying the foundation for an apocalyptic future, analogous to the setting presented in the Days of the Future past comic storyline. The protagonist of the film must travel to the past and change the outcome of the events from The Last Stand to prevent the Days of the Future Past from coming to exist. However, something from the future follows our protagonist to the present to ensure that the Days of the Future Past come to be – Apocalypse.

- The film will tackle why our protagonist has to go back in time and save these particular people and why they are important for the future of the X-Men and the world.

o Professor X is important because he acts as the moral compass for the X-Men and is a public face for mutant relations, even an intermediary with the government

o Cyclops is important because he is the greatest leader the X-Men will ever have. This film needs to show the audience why Cyclops is cool and better to lead the X-Men than Wolverine. Maybe Wolverine’s recklessness causes him to get captured and the X-Men need to save him.

o Phoenix/Jean Grey is a focal point because her display of powers causes the world to fear mutants. It will take Professor X, Cyclops and the protagonist to either change her character, or kill her in a different way than in Last Stand.

Bishop and Cable would be ideal characters to center the narrative around due to their time-travelling association from the comics.

- Using Cable is intriguing because there is much to explore with his relationship to Cyclops and Jean Grey – he is their future son.

- On the other hand, Bishop could be used as a future mutant who lives in the apocalyptic future (a la the X-Men animated series), and learns he must go back in time to prevent his future from coming into existence.

Apocalypse benefits greatly from the deaths of some of the most influential X-Men and the subsequent fallout from the events of The Last Stand. In the future, he is the most powerful mutant on the planet, which he rules. We need not know how he came to power, only that he has it and is invested in the events of the Last Stand and stopping our protagonist. He could even be a manipulator behind the scenes, perhaps sending back Nimrod, or his 4 Horsemen. The plot point of the mutant cure could be an important one to revisit from The Last Stand and how it might eventually be used against Apocalypse.

The film would be about realising one’s potential and the impact people have on each other. Cyclops needs a bigger role, as does Jean Grey and their relationship together. Less is more with Wolverine – we need to develop our protagonist and his relationship to the characters he is trying to save. This needs to be a story about the importance of core group of X-Men that the films introduced.

By the film’s end we have core group of X-Men: Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue, Colossus and Kitty Pryde, preparing to face Apocalypse or waiting for him to surface. Bring on the next movie!