• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Green Lantern Is As Good As Iron Man

134 posts in this topic

(thumbs u (thumbs u

after the big july 4th 3-day weekend, it finally nosed past 100 mil domestically, but is fading VERY fast. as i speculated after the terrible advance word, it doesn't look like it'll get to 125m in north america. and it's doing worse internationally. 300m total production budget.

a huge flop; something i hate to see with comic movies. with xmfc underperforming [tho' not flopping], and thor doing good but not great, i'm starting to worry that cap may not hit it out the park, even if of sterling quality.

But did you like it? Box office be damned. I liked GL very much. Had a blast. Hopefully I will like Cap as much or more.

i indicated i enjoyed it earlier. and mia LOVED it.

i don't mean that the box office informs a judgment of a movie's quality [shawshank made nothing; it's a wonderful life made nothing]; i only point it out as a signal that we may not see a second gl film because of it, and may even see a chilling effect on other potential new d.c. properties down the line.

gotcha. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) Tell Mia she has good taste in movies

I've been a fan of Ryan Reynolds since Two Guys and a Girl, but I thought this article was pretty apt.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6716942/the-movie-star

To me, Reynolds is sort of a hybrid. He's part leading man, part funny side-kick. He needs to be a fully-fledged leading man if he wants to carry off the leading role in a big movie.

Finally went to see it. Took the wife. She saw Thor with me also.

We only saw Green Lantern in 2d, as to see the 3d version we would have had to drive 90 minutes one way.

Anyway, I thought GL was a 5 1/2 out of ten. Thor as 6.

My wife gives the same rating also. She is not into superheroes, so I thought I would put her take on it. We both agreed that Thor was just a hair better than GL

We both think that X-Men First Class is about a 6 1/2 out of 10.

I hope Cap and the Avengers are better.

Finally went to see it. Took the wife. She saw Thor with me also.

We only saw Green Lantern in 2d, as to see the 3d version we would have had to drive 90 minutes one way.

Anyway, I thought GL was a 5 1/2 out of ten. Thor as 6.

My wife gives the same rating also. She is not into superheroes, so I thought I would put her take on it. We both agreed that Thor was just a hair better than GL

We both think that X-Men First Class is about a 6 1/2 out of 10.

I hope Cap and the Avengers are better.

I think X-men First Class was a 10 out of 10. The characters of Magneto and Charles were much more likeable and interesting than Thor and especially the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern characters. I put X-men First Class up there with the Nolan Batman movies. 2c

I have finally seen the movie today in the Austrian Press screening. Wow, what a mediocre movie. There was nothing outstanding in it, not even the special effects. And the only actor who deserves a praise is Mark Strong for his Sinestro performance. Blake Lively: not even worth commenting, absolutely zero acting ability. But the biggest flaw was the weak -script, there was no tension through the whole movie and you really didn't care for any of the people on screen. And that's why you walk out of the movie thinking it was only OK and that's it. Nobody will tell his friends how great it was "go see it".

Almost forgot the 3D: not worth a cent of your money.