• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Stanley is back

62 posts in this topic

Wow, blast from the past.

I remember exchanging a ton of emails with him about his Spideys, and a Fantastic Four run that he supposedly owned that was being slabbed. I put serious bids on a few of those Spideys too, which I luckily didn't win.

I am literally walking out of the door to view a collection but I wanted to update everyone to say that Matt has returned all 4 books. We are square.

that is most excellent news. :applause: i hope you learned from this and never send your books out without money in hand. :wishluck:

I got an email from Doug at Pedigree that one of the books I won in his last auction was not available, because the consignor (a Matt Stanley), never actually sent him the books, only scans. Apparently, Mr. Stanley is wanting $60k in sales proceeds for scans, since he has yet to deliver the actual books, weeks after the auction ended. And apparently, his excuse for not delivering the books was because he was in the hospital battling leukemia. :screwy:

This guy sounds like a real piece of work. Can someone just throat punch him at the next show and firmly suggest he find a new hobby?

I got an email from Doug at Pedigree that one of the books I won in his last auction was not available, because the consignor (a Matt Stanley), never actually sent him the books, only scans. Apparently, Mr. Stanley is wanting $60k in sales proceeds for scans, since he has yet to deliver the actual books, weeks after the auction ended. And apparently, his excuse for not delivering the books was because he was in the hospital battling leukemia. :screwy:

This guy sounds like a real piece of work. Can someone just throat punch him at the next show and firmly suggest he find a new hobby?

He had a quicker exit than you supposedly did. lol

He had a quicker exit than you supposedly did. lol

Poor form on the Auction House's part. This should never happen

$60 K ?

I hope he delivers.

:wishluck:

Poor form on the Auction House's part. This should never happen

Yea WTF, they shouldn't allow books in an auction that aren't in the hands of the house. :screwy: I was under the impression ComicLink requires them to be shipped in prior to the start of the auction; all their auction scans look like they were taken on the same scanner so I've always assumed this was the case without actually knowing. (shrug)

Bob I sense sarcasm.... lol

One gripe with pedigree and some other auctions like comic connect don't have the books in hand (sometimes). I like knowing the comic has been inspected and is exactly what was offered in the listing. Additonally you are at the mercy of the owner after you win an auction and they can wait a while before shipping.

One gripe with pedigree and some other auctions like comic connect don't have the books in hand (sometimes). I like knowing the comic has been inspected and is exactly what was offered in the listing. Additonally you are at the mercy of the owner after you win an auction and they can wait a while before shipping.

ComicConnect does this too? :eek: Does anyone know for sure if ComicLink requires the books be in their hands?

ComicConnect does this too? :eek: Does anyone know for sure if ComicLink requires the books be in their hands?

I believe that is correct for CL - I wanted to put something in one of their previous auctions and there wasn't enough time for me to get it there before the auction started. I assume some of their consignors, they give a pass on this.

That is only in their auctions. You can of course list books on their site without them having the books in hand.

C-link yes

I'm not even sure why to do it one way for auctions and another for regular consignments now that I think about it. hm(shrug) Pedigree and ComicConnect handle regular listings and auctions the same way, whereas ComicLink handles regular listings and auction listings differently. Why? I suppose it doesn't make that much difference to me as a buyer now that I think about it. It also occurred to me that it allows for those "preview nights" I've heard rumors of where people can come to their location and look for upgrade candidates. :eek: