• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much a premium should you pay for a Signature Series book?

7 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the right location but I'm looking for some advice on prices for SS books vs traditional universal grade books. I have the opportunity to pick up a few nice SS books but the prices seem astronomical. For example, I saw a nice 9.8 copy of the book I'm looking for go on eBay for ~62. If I would have gotten involved I would have maxed out around 80. The seller of the SS copy of the book is asking around $450 for the same grade of the book. The signature is nice and I'd really like to pick up the book but is this reasonable? This is just the signature, not a sketch or pedigree or anything else special. I understand their are costs for getting the SS and could see paying $200 but $450 seems really hard to swallow. Thanks in advance.

It depends on the signature. Some guys do 10+ cons a year. Some creators havnt done 10 cons their whole career.

it depends on the book and the sig on the book. also sig placement and the sharpness of the sig mean a lot.

to give an honest answer you would have to know the book and the signer. to give you the best answer a picture would be nice

It's Kaluta and I love Kaluta. But not sure how much I love him....

hm

Kaluta has only signed about fifty or so books for SS in the last five years. He did a private signing in '08 of about 12 books and a more recent private signing for the balance. I have several, and when I have sold them, they have been far, far above what a comparative blue label book would have sold for.