• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On a scale of 0 to 10 what would you give Green Lantern?

Green Lantern  

561 members have voted

1. 1. Green Lantern

89 posts in this topic

I won't lie I gave it a 7, but Who thought it was the Best of the Best? meh

a 6.

A ranking of what I seen of late.

First tier

X-men First Class

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Fast Five

Thor

second tier

Super 8

Green Lantern

third tier

Priest

I will say burnout of these movies is starting to take affect with me.

I will see Transformers 3 and Captain America but that will probally be it for awhile.

Of the people who have watched and rated GL, have you seen Thor, and how would you rate that? I'm curious because I just watched and enjoyed Thor (6-7/10), but have been avoiding GL because 1) I think the CG costume looks silly, 2) most of the reviews I've read have been negative.

Of the people who have watched and rated GL, have you seen Thor, and how would you rate that? I'm curious because I just watched and enjoyed Thor (6-7/10), but have been avoiding GL because 1) I think the CG costume looks silly, 2) most of the reviews I've read have been negative.

Thor was better, the characters were more likeable.

When I left Thor I had a good feeling about superhero movies.

When I left Green Lantern I had a it wasn`t as bad as the critics say kinda feeling.

If you want to see a really good superhero movie may I suggest X- Men First Class over the both of them? Please don`t let the other X-men movies influence your way thinking about X-men First Class,as X-men First Class is to the other X-men movies to what the Bale/Nolan Batman pictures are to the Clooney Batman.

Night and Day.

Thor was better, the characters were more likeable.

When I left Thor I had a good feeling about superhero movies.

When I left Green Lantern I had a it wasn`t as bad as the critics say kinda feeling.

If you want to see a really good superhero movie may I suggest X- Men First Class over the both of them? Please don`t let the other X-men movies influence your way thinking about X-men First Class,as X-men First Class is to the other X-men movies to what the Bale/Nolan Batman pictures are to the Clooney Batman.

Night and Day.

Thanks for the input. Unless I see some really compelling posts, I'll probably stick to the plan and pass on GL.

I've heard goods things about X-Men: First Class, both from you and elsewhere, and even though I'm not a huge X-Men fan (liked the first movie, didn't like the second, didn't watch the third), I'll give it a chance.

I intentionally didn't read/hear anything about the movie critic wise that way I could go in without having/not having expectations.

I thought the Graphics were solid for 3D one of the best 3D movies I have seen.

Action was a little weak, would have liked to see more with the other GL's.

Storyline was a bit cheesy and seemed like toooooo quick to defeat the UBER powerful WORLD destroying Paralax.

I voted 6.0

My main compliant about the movie is that it WAS way to easy to defeat Parallax

& It felt rushed story wise.

Also The character development was less then stellar unlike THOR.

I think with a super hero movie....especially one that isn't well known like gl is that it takes so much time to set up the back story By the time this is done there is little time left for a plot....I expect the sequel to be much better......I would still give it 7.....

I thoroughly enjoyed Green Lantern, but I think the extra large screen and 3D added a great deal to the experience.

Everything they tried to cover was certainly ambitious, but the result was a light live-action cartoon. That's not a bad thing. It was fun to see various Corps characters, Carol Ferris was easy on the eyes, and the GL costume that looked horrible in stills worked on screen.

I agree will all the sentiments that a sequel has great potential. I gave it a 7.

Still, I wish they'd recast the lead. There's a thin line between snarky- cool and snarky-lame. The actor from Firefly and Serenity has it, and the guy from A Perfect Getaway and Justified pulls it off. Ryan Reynolds just doesn't convey that he's complex underneath the wise cracks. Hal Jordan requires that quality.

Watched it Tuesday afternoon. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, so it gets a 7. (thumbs u