• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On a scale of 0 to 10 what would you give Green Lantern?

Green Lantern  

561 members have voted

1. 1. Green Lantern

89 posts in this topic

My kids saw this movie with their mom and in laws and most of them didn't like it.

I'll still likely see it in the next week or two.

Anyone else agree GL had one of the WORST soundtracks in movie history?

Yeah, the score was lousy. Better music would have helped salvage some of the more awkward scenes.

Just rented the blu-ray, and glad I waited. It was pleasantly filled with vivid colors and eye candy, but, much like transformers, lacked a lot of substance and made me pretty much fall asleep. Nowhere near Thor or First Class,IMO, but as I expected, seemed more like it was designed to please toy story kids ('to infinity and beyond!, by the power of grayskull').

One question...

I didn't quite get how the yellow ring flew to Sinestro at the end, and abruptly transformed a super-honorable hero into the bad guy. Can anyone explain how that came about?

One question...

I didn't quite get how the yellow ring flew to Sinestro at the end, and abruptly transformed a super-honorable hero into the bad guy. Can anyone explain how that came about?

Lazy writers. :makepoint:

One question...

it was made clear during the film, to me at least, that fear has a way of taking one over.

whats not to get (shrug)

One question...

it was made clear during the film, to me at least, that fear has a way of taking one over.

whats not to get (shrug)

Right. I don't think what you saw was "abruptly transformed" but rather the first step on a slippery slope... what starts out as a weapon of last resort turns in to an easy shortcut to accomplish what you want. Power eventually corrupts, etc.

My thought on the film was the Oa & GL Corps stuff was very well done. The Earth-bound stuff, not so much. It would be interesting to see a directors' cut, since I think lots of character background stuff was cut out to try to punch up the film's pace (it probably needed it, though!) For example, the Hector Hammond - Tim Robbins connection came completely out of left field. I think originally there was more Hal-Hector-Carol childhood stuff filmed to establish those characters' relationships.

I'd give it a 7.0. (Liked it better than Iron Man 2)

One question...

whats not to get (shrug)

Right. I don't think what you saw was "abruptly transformed" but rather the first step on a slippery slope... what starts out as a weapon of last resort turns in to an easy shortcut to accomplish what you want. Power eventually corrupts, etc.

My thought on the film was the Oa & GL Corps stuff was very well done. The Earth-bound stuff, not so much. It would be interesting to see a directors' cut, since I think lots of character background stuff was cut out to try to punch up the film's pace (it probably needed it, though!) For example, the Hector Hammond - Tim Robbins connection came completely out of left field. I think originally there was more Hal-Hector-Carol childhood stuff filmed to establish those characters' relationships.

They focused way to much on the romance stuff and Earth. More OA and Sinestro would have been better,and since when did Hector Hammond become a player? I always thought of him as some third rate villian. Next time,if there`s a next time

Guy Gardner should show up to kick Hal`s( Ryan Reynolds)arse!

Guy%20Gardner%201.jpg

One question...

whats not to get (shrug)

Thanks guys. I saw enough parts to get the corruption theme, and liked how they explained even the most super noble guardian was corrupted for fighting the dark side so strongly, that eventually fear took over and consumed him--hence parallax.

What I didn't get is that the ring comes to this ultra noble/best warrior/etc.. and he doesn't refuse in the least. He just takes it right away, smiles and is transformed. I felt as if I missed something after the credits explaining more of where it came from as well. My memory shows just a green dust cloud, and this ring emerges...he happily smiles, tries it on and voila, we just turned Sir. Lancelot into Darth Vader in all of 30 seconds. At the very least, I would think his own green ring would sense danger and say, 'get the heck out of here,' force him to escape, or try to destroy/neutralize it, etc.. (shrug)