• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On a scale of 0 to 10 what would you give Green Lantern?

Green Lantern  

561 members have voted

1. 1. Green Lantern

89 posts in this topic

I gave it a 1.I really thought Ryan Reynolds sucked.

+1

It's the first movie in a long time that I didn't even finish watching. Absolutely horrible.

Absolutely horrible.

Worse than Daredevil with Ben ( bore me to death ) Affleck?

DR.X

Even worse than the Punisher movie that had Thomas Jane.

I didn't think it was possible.

+1

It's the first movie in a long time that I didn't even finish watching. Absolutely horrible.

You're just upset that Ryan Reynolds is hotter than you :whistle::baiting:

He's a wuss. :sumo:

+1

You're just upset that Ryan Reynolds is hotter than you :whistle::baiting:

He's a wuss. :sumo:

lol

:jokealert:

I like him as Wade Wilson better than Hal Jordan.

I gotta say, with my expectations about as low as they can get, I thought it was actually ( :blush: ) not so bad.

Just watched it last night and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it was.

I listened to all the complaining about the movie and avoided it at the theatres but now regret not watching it on the big screen.

Differences from the Showcase #22 origin aside, I thought it was a bit light on character development but extremely fun to watch.

I give it about a 7 or 7.5 out of 10.

(shrug)

4 out of 10. I'm a GL fan from the Super Friends days and was superbly disappointed in the movie. If you had Ryan R. trip over a banana peel a couple times while carrying a bouquet of roses the movie would've been better billed as a "romantic comedy" than sci-fi adventure flick.

The only positive things I would have to say about the film are the few scenes on OA showcasing the Corps and I for one liked the CGI costume, though I wish they would've slicked back Hal's hair instead of the normal doofus haircut Ryan has in all his films.

Watched it last night. I'd have to give it only a 5 or 6. For all the effort, it was just boring to watch, and with too few really "wow" moments. The scenes ended abruptly. The dialogue was choppy. The love story had zero arc to it (carol clearly loved him all the way thru.) the villains were hard to look at and uninspired.

But --- the effects were top notch all the way throughout.

Anyone else notice the visual similarity of parallax curling around the city blocks looked just like the WTC smoke clouds cater they collapsed? An accident? Or a reminder or purposeful cue back to our amazement and watching it on TV when it happened?

But overall, compared to the first Spidey, where we see a kid grow into a man, get the girl, and walk away out of a sense of responsibility, Hal Jordan's arc wasn't very interesting to watch. This was more like the last Supeman film... Much ado about little. Sadly

Watched it last night. I'd have to give it only a 5 or 6. For all the effort, it was just boring to watch, and with too few really "wow" moments. The scenes ended abruptly. The dialogue was choppy. The love story had zero arc to it (carol clearly loved him all the way thru.) the villains were hard to look at and uninspired.

But --- the effects were top notch all the way throughout.

Anyone else notice the visual similarity of parallax curling around the city blocks looked just like the WTC smoke clouds cater they collapsed? An accident? Or a reminder or purposeful cue back to our amazement and watching it on TV when it happened?

But overall, compared to the first Spidey, where we see a kid grow into a man, get the girl, and walk away out of a sense of responsibility, Hal Jordan's arc wasn't very interesting to watch. This was more like the last Supeman film... Much ado about little. Sadly

I agree with what you have said, but only gave the movie a 4.

As to the effects, while they were fantastic, I often felt it was over the top and not necessary. Example: The helicopter crashing should have just been a conjured giant hand that grabbed it and gently lowered it to the ground, not the silly hot wheels race track loop de loop.