• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"D" Copy Question

7 posts in this topic

That link "seems" to indicate that 2000 of the Crippen books were stolen and sold in 1991.

Does that mean that those two thousand issues actually belong to Crippen's heirs and could be confiscated by law authorities and returned to his heirs?

I'm guessing no one but the thief knows which issues were stolen anyway.

Would that mean that a CGC label that states "D" copy versus "Crippen" copy could be used as an indicator of possible stolen issues?

That link "seems" to indicate that 2000 of the Crippen books were stolen and sold in 1991.

Does that mean that those two thousand issues actually belong to Crippen's heirs and could be confiscated by law authorities and returned to his heirs?

I'm guessing no one but the thief knows which issues were stolen anyway.

Would that mean that a CGC label that states "D" copy versus "Crippen" copy could be used as an indicator of possible stolen issues?

Nobody but the thief and Metropolis who bought the comics from him.

The heirs said they weren't interested in prosecuting or going after the contractors who worked at the house and allegedly picked the books. They did so well with what they got.

If the thieves had stolen more books they would have survived better, since the move to the garage occurred later. I have seen D copies that appeared in the marketplace before Crippen died. Just beautiful with great PQ.