• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Marvel Movie Poll

X-Men  

288 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men

99 posts in this topic

Of the movies I've seen in the poll, (not seen Hell Boy or Punisher yet), Daredevil got my only true thumbs down. Hulk probably deserved a thumbs down too, but it had "you know who" in it....

JC and I'm not talking Joe Collector. Liked Spidey, but to my surprise, the two X-Men movies have stood up to repeat DVD viewing....the casting was excellent, and not having been a reader of the later X-Men books, found the mythology slowly being revealed quite fascinating. What a rich vein of plot and character they have going there......that could be a long term franchise series.

I do think Spidey 2 is going to be BIG!

Hated the Superman and Batman movies. I mean, REALLY HATED them. Sorry Dam!

Dude, believe it or not - the movie that I am going to have to attack that statement on is the first Superman. I tell you, that movie was magic. Pure thumbs up entertainment through and through (although the part about going so fast that you can turn back time was a little iffy). Superman with Christopher Reeve - that was the birth of the modern movie PROMINENCE of comic characters cloud9.gif

Hated the Superman and Batman movies.

confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I call 'em how i see 'em.

I must be honest, in my collection, the majority of what I have is Marvels.

But damn! That 1st Batman movie blew me away!

The main reason was the magic that happened when you find the absolutely perfect cast with an awesome director.

I must admit I am a Jack Nicolson fan, but after that movie he was the joker forever!!

I was in awe to see his role that he was made for - come to life.

Here's to you my bat friend!! The film of your favorite hero rocked!!

_w

flowerred.gif

Don't worry - I started out with tons of Marvels but have seen the light smile.gif

although right now I am spending a lot more time reading about the history of collecting and the hobby. It's very inexpensive and just completely fascinating and engrossing.

DAM

Dude, believe it or not - the movie that I am going to have to attack that statement on is the first Superman. I tell you, that movie was magic. Pure thumbs up entertainment through and through (although the part about going so fast that you can turn back time was a little iffy). Superman with Christopher Reeve - that was the birth of the modern movie PROMINENCE of comic characters cloud9.gif

Just watched that flick the other day. Although I agree that Supes ability to turn back time was " iffy "....I liked seeing Clark go into a berserker rage. cloud9.gif

You know guys, it has been a looooonnnnnggg time since I saw the first SuperMan movie, so out of respect for you, I'll give it another viewing sometime. The Batmans I have to stand firm on.....the Caped One deserved better in all cases.

You know guys, it has been a looooonnnnnggg time since I saw the first SuperMan movie, so out of respect for you, I'll give it another viewing sometime.

thumbsup2.gif

The Batmans I have to stand firm on.....the Caped One deserved better in all cases.

You didnt appreciate Keaton's Batman??? confused-smiley-013.gif

(The only one I thought was worthy, btw...)

I liked all the movies that you listed.

Here are my crits of hero flicks up to date....

Out of a possible 10:

Super Man the movie = 8.5/10

Super Man 2 = 8.5/10

Bat Man the movie = 9.5/10

Spider Man the movie = 8/10

X Men = 7.5/10

X2 = 9/10

HellBoy = 7.5/10

Punisher (2004)= 6/10

Dare Devil 5/10

Hulk = 5.5/10

Spawn = 3/10

Punisher (1990)= 2/10

Super Man the movie = 8.5/10 VERY GOOD

Super Man 2 = 6.5/10 OK

Bat Man the movie = 9.5/10 GREAT

Spider Man the movie = 8/10 VERY GOOD

X Men = 8.5/10 NICE

X2 = 9/10 GREAT

Punisher (2004)= 9.5/10 GREAT

Dare Devil 4/10 Sucked

Hulk = 2.5/10 Sucked

Spawn = 2/10 Sucked

Punisher (1990)= 0/10 [!@#%^&^] makepoint.gif

I thought the whole thing kind of stunk frown.gif except for the way the movie effects portrayed DD's "radar". I also thought the Kingpin and Bullseye were well cast, but casting means squat without a good -script.

You know Steve, my already high opinion of you rises on a daily level. thumbsup2.gif

next time I see you I can drop off the first two DVDs - parts III and IV weren't half as good . . . .

DAM

III might have been one of the worst movies ever made 893naughty-thumb.gif That is, if it is the monstrosity with Richard Pryor. 893naughty-thumb.gif

next time I see you I can drop off the first two DVDs - parts III and IV weren't half as good . . . .

DAM

III might have been one of the worst movies ever made 893naughty-thumb.gif That is, if it is the monstrosity with Richard Pryor. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Well, I would say that a "Batman and Robin" can give it a run for its money (and yes you are right about III having RP).

27_laughing.gif oh well . . .

[

Well, I would say that a "Batman and Robin" can give it a run for its money (and yes you are right about III having RP).

27_laughing.gif oh well . . .

Darn you! I was trying to forget that one was ever made! Darn you! 893frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif

No... that was me blush.gif

Man, those Daredevil stats make me ashamed to be a member of these boards.

If comic book movies can be that horrible, and still have fanboys loving them, then we're in store for a pile of super-stinkers over the next few years. foreheadslap.gif

I loved it! I am going to watch it for the 20th time by far my favorite and I didnt even ever read Daredevil! devil.gif

Davidking623

DAM

Oh but wasn't that the one with the BA Supes who only shaved once a week?

No... that was me blush.gif

Man, those Daredevil stats make me ashamed to be a member of these boards.

If comic book movies can be that horrible, and still have fanboys loving them, then we're in store for a pile of super-stinkers over the next few years. foreheadslap.gif

I loved it! I am going to watch it for the 20th time by far my favorite and I didnt even ever read Daredevil! devil.gif

Davidking623

Okay, guys two words: JENNIFER GARNER. She is so fine - that alone makes Daredevil "like" on a scale of "like" or "dislike"!!! tongue.gif

Personally, I am proud to say that I have the DVD and have seen it a bunch too! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the DVD offer Dam, I will definitely take you up on that. But I will trade you two Jennifer Garners for ONE Jennifer Connelly! Must be something about the name Jennifer! (not counting J-Lo!)