• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Marvel Movie Poll

X-Men  

288 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men

99 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif

Daredevil was, in my opinion, one of the worst three movies I've ever seen. Poorly written and abyssmally directed. And the writer/director were the same guy -- who only got the job because his mother has some clout in Hollywood.

No... that was me blush.gif

Timely

Me too!

Ben Affleck is only good in Kevin Smith movies, I can't watch him in anything else without laughing at his acting ability.

I thought the whole thing kind of stunk frown.gif except for the way the movie effects portrayed DD's "radar". I also thought the Kingpin and Bullseye were well cast, but casting means squat without a good -script.

Just my 2 cents. flowerred.gif

Yes. I enjoyed Mystery Men. It was a superhero spoof, so it's supposed to be ridiculous. What's the problem?

Daredevil was, in my opinion, one of the worst three movies I've ever seen. Poorly written and abyssmally directed.

I have to disagree... have you even seen Mystery Men? sleeping.gif

Yes. I enjoyed Mystery Men. It was a superhero spoof, so it's supposed to be ridiculous. What's the problem?

Daredevil was, in my opinion, one of the worst three movies I've ever seen. Poorly written and abyssmally directed.

I have to disagree... have you even seen Mystery Men? sleeping.gif

popcorn.gif

1) X-Men 1 - disappointment from the stand point that they mixed up the time lines. Being a major X-Men fan, I wanted to see something more faithful to the books I read growing up. Special F/X were good and Wolverine stole the show...other then that.... dislike

2) X-Men 2 - Better then the first, even though they still didnt stick with the time line. Good story though and really good F/X. And if they push deeper into the Pheonix saga like they hinted at in this movie, I will certainly love the next one best! (If done right...).... liked

Do you think they will do Phoenix justice?

When I saw Jean go underwater, and saw the glimpse of her true form.. I got goosebumps.

I personally cant wait for X men 3, when finnally we cat get past all the "introduction stuff", and get on with a real X-men -vs- "an enemy other then humans besides Magneto"

But dont let my post taint my opinion of both X-men movies,

I own both, and watch them more then not.

I loved them.

Yea I must agree with you bub.

I like the first Spidey movie, except the Goblin mask.

I just didn't do anything for me because as a fan of the old comics the goblin had a lot of personality and it didn't shine through.

I would of liked a goblin mask more like the one seen in the Alex Ross "Marvels" series of the 90's.

I always dreamed of how the goblin would look on the silver screen...

and with the displaying that he had in Spidey 1 it was like he wasn't even there.

_w

I remember reading way back before Spidey 1 came out,

That they toyed around with the idea, of Latex, CGI for Goblins mask.

But the Comic is sooo expressive for the Goblin, that they could not reproduce it onscreen without it looking very cartoony.

With Spidey, his face does show emotion in the comic, but is pretty much the same. And the movie follows that lead.

So they sadly went with the "Goblin stiff Mask" to tie in the "corperation/Govorment"

themse with Osborn.

But I agree with you, I hated the mask.....but...

they either copped out and went with a mask, or did the right thing because if they went with latex/CGI and it looked terrible

We would be ripping them even worse.

But on a positive note..

the Goblin scene in the Big City Parade , when hes on his ol jet scooter...

smoke trail going behind buildings as he zooms around to throw his pumpkin bombs..

I was 27_laughing.gif... with gleee at that scene, my fav in the whole movie.

So I cant wait to see Doc Oc..

Daredevil was, in my opinion, one of the worst three movies I've ever seen. Poorly written and abyssmally directed. And the writer/director were the same guy -- who only got the job because his mother has some clout in Hollywood.

You want to know the worst part?

This talentless insufficiently_thoughtful_person has been given writer/director control of Ghost Rider, so that's another Marvel character being flushed down the toilet. 893frustrated.gif

This talentless insufficiently_thoughtful_person has been given writer/director control of Ghost Rider, so that's another Marvel character being flushed down the toilet. 893frustrated.gif

And because Benifer-garner-afflak wont be starring in Ghost Rider.

I can only hope the Ghost Rider screenplay/movie has real legs to stand on.

(have they cast the lead yet? I need to go look now, )

All I can picture is Nicolas Cage as the lead.

Because if D.D. didnt have the star power it did, then it would not have grossed anywhere near what it did.(the magic 100 million number)

And that means the director would not be given the Greenlight to mess up yet another Marvel name.

oh well.. thats hollywood

This is actually to BOTH of you (JC and fantasyfootballbono) and I just hate repeating myself:

You know that you are writing an OPINION, not fact. You know that, don't you?

And actually, if you guys hate any movie so much, why don't you get out there and write or direct one? I'll anxiously be awaiting it. I HATE people who standby and complain. makepoint.gif

Er, in case you hadn't noticed this is a thread where people are encouraged to post their views on various Marvel movies. Good or Bad. Take a chill pill.

And for the record, I also though Daredevil stunk.

Its been mentioned here before, but the scene when Matt Murdock fought Electra in the street (isn't he suposed to be blind? 893whatthe.gif) put the nail in the coffin for me.

Man, those Daredevil stats make me ashamed to be a member of these boards.

Aesthitic appreciation is supremely subjective and is derived from a wide variety of life-criteria. Why should you feel ashamed because folks liked the movie? (I did too, as you know).

If you feel "ashamed" well - I have to say you are not very solid in your personal convictions and seek the opinions of others to validate your convictions.

Really confused here. I have often expressed my like/dislike of films etc with no consideration for what others here think. Hey! They are all individuals, no? So why make a universal "ashamed" impct on your own self? Makes no sense. Some people like things. Others do not. No big deal.

they either copped out and went with a mask, or did the right thing because if they went with latex/CGI and it looked terrible We would be ripping them even worse.

I doubt it, as the biggest complaint was that the mask's rigid shell lost all identification for the the Dafoe performance and make it look totally fake and lip-synched (which it probably was).

The very least they could have done was to give it a hinged jaw, and show a bit of teeth.

they either copped out and went with a mask, or did the right thing because if they went with latex/CGI and it looked terrible We would be ripping them even worse.

I doubt it, as the biggest complaint was that the mask's rigid shell lost all identification for the the Dafoe performance and make it look totally fake and lip-synched (which it probably was).

The very least they could have done was to give it a hinged jaw, and show a bit of teeth.

Wasnt that the point J.C.?

To let Dafoe take over the charecter?

And Over Act a bit .......to cover up the fact that they had no idea how to handle the mask situiation?

27_laughing.gif

And actually, if you guys hate any movie so much, why don't you get out there and write or direct one? I'll anxiously be awaiting it. I HATE people who standby and complain. makepoint.gif

Ah, I wondered when this old "slavering fanboy retort" would be trotted out.

In your bizarre world, you can't find fault with anything, and must either get 700 degrees and certifications in order to "do EVERYTHING yourself", or else go live with the Amish. 27_laughing.gif

And BTW, our opinion of Daredevil may be opinion, but it agrees with the major critics, most movie-goers, and even the geek fanboys on IMDB are hammering the choice of writer-director for Ghost Rider.

Basically, some like Daredevil, but it WAS NOT due to the writing or directing.

I doubt it, as the biggest complaint was that the mask's rigid shell lost all identification for the the Dafoe performance

Couple of notes - my film friends pointed out they liked the mask because you could actually SEE DeFoe's mouth behind it saying the words.

However, I loathed the mask because it really did look like a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger thing from Saturday Morning MMPR series.

I doubt it, as the biggest complaint was that the mask's rigid shell lost all identification for the the Dafoe performance

Couple of notes - my film friends pointed out they liked the mask because you could actually SEE DeFoe's mouth behind it saying the words.

However, I loathed the mask because it really did look like a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger thing from Saturday Morning MMPR series.

sign-funnypost.gif

I found it entertaining. As I said, I have no interest in Daredevil as is. The movie was just fine IMO, and just b/c the critics didn't like it means just about NOTHING to me. You can base all your reactions/opinions to a movie on what others think, but myself, I'll definately save judgment for myself.

Brian