• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Marvel Movie Poll

X-Men  

288 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men

99 posts in this topic

Wow, I'm glad you guys kissed and made-up....

I though you were going to come to blows at any minute! Yikes! 893whatthe.gif

_w

Its ok, I saw Kill Bill this week.

I know kung foo now.

Im not afraid... tonofbricks.gif

27_laughing.gif

[so you would rather not see any comic related movies made?

, since you know most of them might be a pos?

I'm a rational person, and DO NOT get personally involved and support crapola, no matter if it's a movie, music CD, novel, or comic.

If my favorite band puts out a POS album, I don't buy it. If my fave writers cranks out a lazy, boring and crappy novel, I leave it on the shelf. I feel like if I support this type of steaming excrement, I'm telling them to produce even more of it, and grab the easy money rather than working for it.

You feel differently, and just slap your money down for every single comic book movie, good, bad or ugly. You and others help prop up an entire industry, regardless of quality, and in the end, you will get what you deserve.

They filmed the scene over the course of at least 4 days. I only wish I had set aside more days off of work. I only went there 1 day. It was probably the "not getting paid thing". Sam Raimi (of course) was on the set that day. Tobey Maguire's stunt double was there. Wilhem Dafoe was there. I think the guy who played Harry Osborn was there. We got to see a few stunts. The one where the 2 bystanders are snagged out of the way of the falling debris via webbing, where the debris (lampost I believe it was) falls on a parked police car, and when Spidey swings to save the kid from the falling float.

Well J.C. different strokes right?

And I still have to go and see something before I can determine if its a pos, or not.

I cant go bye reviews, or maybe I loved it and they hated it.

fact and point.,

My local newspaper tv guide recently listed Shawshank Redemption was on at 9 o clok, and gave it 2 stars.

2 STARS!!!

Well I was agahst, this is among my all time fav movies.ever

And if I went by their star rating and I had not seen it before I might not have watched it.

So .. my pointm is how do you know you hgate it till you see it>?

we kewl tho.... flowerred.gif

next thread..

But

I will still save you a seat at D.D. 2, but you have to buy popcorn ok?

My local newspaper tv guide recently listed Shawshank Redemption was on at 9 o clok, and gave it 2 stars.

And whatever service TIVO pulls there stars from - well it gave the 1956 THE WEREWOLF with Steven Ritch giving an absolutely AMAZING debut performance - well - 1 1/2 stars. Stupid critics.

they either copped out and went with a mask, or did the right thing because if they went with latex/CGI and it looked terrible We would be ripping them even worse.

I doubt it, as the biggest complaint was that the mask's rigid shell lost all identification for the the Dafoe performance and make it look totally fake and lip-synched (which it probably was).

The very least they could have done was to give it a hinged jaw, and show a bit of teeth.

I didn't care for the Goblin costume but the thing I hated the most about the movie was the corny scene with Goblin and Spider-Man on the roof top after they battled.

I actually must admit, I liked the Daredevil custom. The rest was pretty bad. I especially hated the Bullseye character. I thought Spider man was great. I didn't care for the Green Goblin custom much, but the story and action were great. The second one looks even better.

Yes, I know. Amazing that they'd let him F' up another franchise. Thank God they took the Elektra movie away from him though, eh? He was originally slated to write/direct that one too.

Personally, I do not think that Ghost Rider is going to get the green light unless they get another writer AND director attached to the project. Just a hunch, but I think that all of this talk about Mark Steven Johnson actually writing and directing Ghost Rider is just a smokescreen to save face. Marvel is not stupid and they know Daredevil was a disaster. They won't let that assclown do it again.

Daredevil was, in my opinion, one of the worst three movies I've ever seen. Poorly written and abyssmally directed. And the writer/director were the same guy -- who only got the job because his mother has some clout in Hollywood.

You want to know the worst part?

This talentless insufficiently_thoughtful_person has been given writer/director control of Ghost Rider, so that's another Marvel character being flushed down the toilet. 893frustrated.gif

A) Next time you post anything that isn't completely factual and contains some opinions, remind me to jump all over you too.

B) Daredevil was a bad movie. FACT. It SUCKED. But it's ok if you liked it. I liked the movie "Showgirls," and there is not a man, woman, or child alive who can talk me out of that.

This is actually to BOTH of you (JC and fantasyfootballbono) and I just hate repeating myself:

You know that you are writing an OPINION, not fact. You know that, don't you?

And actually, if you guys hate any movie so much, why don't you get out there and write or direct one? I'll anxiously be awaiting it. I HATE people who standby and complain. makepoint.gif

Daredevil was, in my opinion, one of the worst three movies I've ever seen. Poorly written and abyssmally directed. And the writer/director were the same guy -- who only got the job because his mother has some clout in Hollywood.

You want to know the worst part?

This talentless insufficiently_thoughtful_person has been given writer/director control of Ghost Rider, so that's another Marvel character being flushed down the toilet. 893frustrated.gif

Your opinion is not fact. Like I said before, I don't mind when people say something sucked, I don't like when people state that it's a "fact" or "I can't believe you liked it!" because I feel that you are invalidating other people's opinions.

BTW Daredevil has more "likes" than "dislikes" - just thought I would point that out. smile.gif

When did I say that people aren't allowed to like Daredevil? All I said was that I did not like it and that it is a horrible movie. Whether you liked it or not doesn't concern me. Frankly, I'm too busy watching Showgirls for the 19,000th time to care.

Your opinion is not fact. Like I said before, I don't mind when people say something sucked, I don't like when people state that it's a "fact" or "I can't believe you liked it!" because I feel that you are invalidating other people's opinions.

BTW Daredevil has more "likes" than "dislikes" - just thought I would point that out. smile.gif

And I'd point out that we're on a COMIC BOOK FORUM, and that this (as you ceaselessly post) is only the OPINION of a closed-end group of comic fanatics. 27_laughing.gif

And I'd point out that we're on a COMIC BOOK FORUM, and that this (as you ceaselessly post) is only the OPINION of a closed-end group of comic fanatics. 27_laughing.gif

Well as for likes dislikes,, looks like the public has spoken..

RATING: ROTTEN READING: 44%

(FRESH = 60% or Greater) Reviews counted: 187

Fresh: 82 Rotten: 105

Average Rating: 5.3/10

And if I knew before I saw D.D. Mark S. Johnson also Directed "Jack Frost"

I would have run away from the theatre screaming.....

Jack Frost... 27_laughing.gif ... bad memories...at least I caught it on cable so no money wasted at the theatres...as for Showgirls...yes I find myself always "accidentally" channel surfing into it and then wasting the next half/1/2 hours of my life finishing it yet again foreheadslap.gif