• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Captain America trailer is freakin sweet

146 posts in this topic

It is gonna be great (thumbs u

And the Tool track for the trailer was brilliant. It won't be in the movie, just as there was no Black Sabbath in the Iron Man movie.

Yea, definitely a MUCH better trailer than the previous ones.

How did they make Chris Evans look so small before they give him the Super Soldier serum--is that all CGI?

Yea, definitely a MUCH better trailer than the previous ones.

How did they make Chris Evans look so small before they give him the Super Soldier serum--is that all CGI?

Yup, just like the lead guy Sam Worthington in avatar. The actor is pretty buff in real life but in the movie he lost the use of his legs.

All smoke and mirrors.

Yup, just like the lead guy Sam Worthington in avatar. The actor is pretty buff in real life but in the movie he lost the use of his legs.

All smoke and mirrors.

Why did they have to use CGI on Sam Worthington? I thought he was just dragging his legs around.

All smoke and mirrors.

Why did they have to use CGI on Sam Worthington? I thought he was just dragging his legs around.

Jake Sully's legs looked like they had muscular atrophy in the movie, which happens when they are not used.

Or do i remember it incorrectly?

All smoke and mirrors.

Jake Sully's legs looked like they had muscular atrophy in the movie, which happens when they are not used.

You remember it correctly.

This trailer does look good, but then they're meant to lol

I'll go see it, still haven't seen X-Men 1st Class yet, and I'll probably wait for the DVD with Green Lantern.

Ah, didn't even think about that, never seen or at least noticed muscle atrophy in paralyzed appendages before, I'll look more closely at his legs if I see the flick again. (thumbs u

My most anticipated movie of the summer! :cloud9:

I'm going to manage my expectations going in by keeping them low but I think this movie has the potential to knock it out of the park. I just don't want to ruin it for myself by over thinking it too much.

I'm going in not expecting much. I was the same way with Iron Man, I assumed it wouldn't be great or just so-so at best and was surprised, hopefully that'll happen here too--but I doubt it. (shrug)

I love that Tool riff in there.

I know it doesn't fit the time period, but it breathes a fresh set of hype excitement that

superhero movies need right now.

:headbang:

Yep, I agree! That is from the song "46&2" which is one of my favorite TOOL songs. So, for me, Captain America trailer + Tool= pure nerdgasm. LOVE IT!!

And OT: Love the gif today, fantastic four. Me and a buddy at work look forward to what new one you will have each day. And today's may be the best so far!!

All smoke and mirrors.

I'll go see it, still haven't seen X-Men 1st Class yet, and I'll probably wait for the DVD with Green Lantern.

You can tell just by the trailer that this movie has "it". I can`t put my finger on why,but this looks like it will be something special. :cloud9:

All smoke and mirrors.

You can tell just by the trailer that this movie has "it". I can`t put my finger on why,but this looks like it will be something special. :cloud9:

I saw "it" in the First Class trailer, this one...not so much. But my fingers are crossed nonetheless :wishluck:

people complaining about the music prolly didn't like "black sabbath's iron man" to for the iron man trailers. hm:odoh!:tonofbricks:

Actually I found the use of Sabbath's Iron Man was extremely well done. Included in the credits with the detailed exploded views of the armor, they used the perfect section of the music. It "fits" with the personality of Tony Stark throughout the film.

The issue many have with the music used in the Cap trailer is it isn't Cap / Steve Rogers at all. It doesn't fit. A Musical score ( I am sure that is what we will hear in the viewing of the actual movie ) would have been more appropriate.

Listen to the score from Xmen: First Class, specifically Frankenstein's Monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvh9atA_yEQ

This is the music played during Magneto's scenes. Something like that but written for Captain America. That is what was needed in the trailer.