• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Green Lantern #89

7 posts in this topic

6.5/7.0 I'm surprised at the cover referencing a christ like cruxifiction. I wonder if they (DC) caught any heat from it?

I'm not sure if there was any public outcry on the imagery.

As for the book in question...

I'd give it a 6.0 / 6.5

6.5/7.0 I'm surprised at the cover referencing a christ like cruxifiction. I wonder if they (DC) caught any heat from it?

I'm not sure if there was any public outcry on the imagery.

As for the book in question...

I'd give it a 6.0 / 6.5

+1

6.0/6.5 strange marks URC throught the W.

I have always found this cover pretty edgy. Of course 4 issues earlier Speedy is shown shooting heroin on the cover. "All new-All Now" Adams GL's trying to be socially relevant, pretty cool stuff.

To bad the people that would criticize this cover never read history. If they had, they'd know that the Romans crucified a whole lot of people back then not just the surfer looking dude.