• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could They Pull It Off?

11 posts in this topic

Just got sidetracked watching For A Few Dollars More, and wondered who could possibly reprise th role of the Man With No Name. Then it hit me, Hugh Jackman could pass as a younger Clint Eastwood. hm

Okay, so who takes over as Wolverine? Once again, it hits me. Tom Cruise could do it, he's the right height and has a ton of action films under his belt.

These will probably never happen, but we've all sat there and said to orselves, "I'll bet so and so could do a better job". Anyone else have casting decisions that they would change?

BTW, I think Michael Clarke Duncan would make a great Thanos or Darkseid.

Okay, so who takes over as Wolverine? Once again, it hits me. Tom Cruise could do it, he's the right height and has a ton of action films under his belt.

Tom Cruise is too recognizable as, well, TOM CRUISE.

He can't disappear into a character anymore. It's impossible to get into the story when you are constantly reminded that Tom Cruise is pretending to be the main character.

Also...he's not too far from turning :gossip: 50!!

I have to agree with you that Hugh Jackman would be a good choice to reprise Clint Eastwood in any remakes of his films.

No one could do The Man With No Name. It's not just a character, it's character and actor as one.

I bet there are a lot of folks who could play Wolverine. I don't know enough names to suggest any, but it doesn't seem like such a hard role to pull off.

For established actors, a Daniel Craig or Russell Crowe can fit into a character well. I wouldn't put anything past Criatian Bale. However creating a role is one thing, playing a memorable character developed and established by another actor is something else.

With all due respect, I have a difficult time sitting through anything that Cruise does these days. IMO Comix4fun is spot on, Tom Cruise is definitely TOM CRUISE first & foremost & then... the character that he's portraying.

Honestly, the last thing that I made it all the way through with him in the lead was WAR OF THE WORLDS. Which, admittedly, he was good in. But, I think that was a case where the extraordinary events & the scale of the invasion onscreen was big enough to subdue his usual larger than life performance.

In everything else, his public persona, his manic intensity & the whole scientology thing just make it too difficult for me to suspend my disbelief & accept him as a character.

With all due respect, I have a difficult time sitting through anything that Cruise does these days. IMO Comix4fun is spot on, Tom Cruise is definitely TOM CRUISE first & foremost & then... the character that he's portraying.

Honestly, the last thing that I made it all the way through with him in the lead was WAR OF THE WORLDS. Which, admittedly, he was good in. But, I think that was a case where the extraordinary events & the scale of the invasion onscreen was big enough to subdue his usual larger than life performance.

In everything else, his public persona, his manic intensity & the whole scientology thing just make it too difficult for me to suspend my disbelief & accept him as a character.

I would agree almost 100%, but I gotta say, TC was great in Tropic Thunder. He really lost himself in that role, to the point where I didn't even realize it was him for a good while.

tom-cruise-tropic-thunder.JPG