• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW CLOSED

195 posts in this topic

Ok a counter to RMA's offer.

Again appreciate it sir... but almost $1000 loss aint worth it to me. You can press them to 9.8's or higher... or so I hear :grin:

$2900 for this is my counter...

LOT # 2 - X-MEN # 106, # 107, # 108 - ALL THREE FOR $450

LOT # 3 - X-MEN # 109, # 110, # 111 - ALL THREE FOR $450

LOT # 4 - X-MEN # 112, # 113, # 114 - ALL FOR $450

LOT # 5 - X-MEN # 115, # 116, # 117 - ALL THREE FOR $375

LOT # 6 - X-MEN # 118, # 119, # 120 - ALL THREE FOR $350

LOT # 8 - X-MEN # 124 (9.8), # 125, #126 - ALL THREE FOR $300

LOT 9 - X-MEN # 127, # 128, # 129 - ALL THREE FOR $285

LOT 10 - X-MEN # 130, # 131, # 132 - ALL THREE FOR $200

LOT 11 - X-MEN # 133, # 134, # 135 - ALL THREE FOR $200

LOT 12 - X-MEN # 136, # 137, # 138 - ALL THREE FOR $200

sorry sir... someone threw a take it on a lot !

... that said, whoever throws the :takeit: first on any lot, will of course, stop this counter. :(

In response to your inquery about time payments. I need $ within two weeks or so of this threads end as stated up front... but if you need the four weeks to pay, no problem. Reason being... more school bills, books, wife and dog food.

:shrug:

I guarantee you, there's not a single book in that lot that can be pressed into an "...or higher." lol

My offer wasn't meant to offend you. I took my cue from Faster Friends' offer, which you said was on the border. My offer was higher on a percentage basis, so I thought it would be firmly in the hm range.

No problem, now I know better. :)

I also understand the "no offer/counteroffer is valid so long as someone else comes along and wants to pay more for parts of it"....I'm glad I didn't get home in time to accept your counter, though....that would have been embarrasing! I would maybe let folks refuse offers before selling parts of it out from under them, but that's just me.

Good luck, man! Great books!

I guarantee you, there's not a single book in that lot that can be pressed into an "...or higher." lol

My offer wasn't meant to offend you. I took my cue from Faster Friends' offer, which you said was on the border. My offer was higher on a percentage basis, so I thought it would be firmly in the hm range.

No problem, now I know better. :)

I also understand the "no offer/counteroffer is valid so long as someone else comes along and wants to pay more for parts of it"....I'm glad I didn't get home in time to accept your counter, though....that would have been embarrasing! I would maybe let folks refuse offers before selling parts of it out from under them, but that's just me.

Good luck, man! Great books!

No offense taken sir :) The only person that can offend me is Mrs. Rupp after a trip to the Mexican restaurant :grin:

I posted the below to address waiting on acceptance of counters just so no one would get upset... Rupp likes to protect the back-door :cool:

Others who see these offers can feel free to best them, applaud them or blast them. If anyone knows the true market for these books, its the shatlovers! :headbang:

I cannot guarantee that these won't come back at higher or lower grades after a press...I do not have the mutant ability to assign future grades, nor future prices :) I can guarantee that if you attempt to press it while its still in the case, then you will 100% frag something up ;)

LOT 13 - X-MEN # 139, 140, 141, 142 - ALL FOUR FOR $220

:takeit:

Plus I get The Freebie :banana:

^^ !

Many thanks sir! Some of my favorite issues right here... this was back when all you needed was two issues to tell an awesome story. Plus that FREE # 143 had to make pushing the :takeit: button a little easier :grin:

Many thanks sir! Some of my favorite issues right here... this was back when all you needed was two issues to tell an awesome story. Plus that FREE # 143 had to make pushing the :takeit: button a little easier :grin:

Man, I really, really miss those days of the one and two issue story arc. :(

LOT 13 - X-MEN # 139, 140, 141, 142 - ALL FOUR FOR $220

:takeit:

Plus I get The Freebie :banana:

^^ !

Pushed me right over the F'in Cliff :ohnoez:

I hear you sir. Marvel has milked those two issues so many times into so many different stories... it just goes to show how Claremont used to know how to get it done.

I hear you sir. Marvel has milked those two issues so many times into so many different stories... it just goes to show how Claremont used to know how to get it done.

My Dad is a 'sir', I'm just some random a-hole :sumo:

Back then, I think there was more of an emphasis on trying to tell a good story. Now it's all about trying to be clever. Don't get me wrong, there are some moderns out there I still like, but with most of them, an entire issue of a comic printed today could be condensed into a single page of a book from the 80's...say pre-Secret Wars or so.

Some of the art today is fantastic and blows away some of those guys from back in the day, but reading a book back then was just a lot more enjoyable than it is now. Or maybe I'm just getting to be a crusty old man.

My Dad is a 'sir', I'm just some random a-hole :sumo:

Back then, I think there was more of an emphasis on trying to tell a good story. Now it's all about trying to be clever. Don't get me wrong, there are some moderns out there I still like, but with most of them, an entire issue of a comic printed today could be condensed into a single page of a book from the 80's...say pre-Secret Wars or so.

Some of the art today is fantastic and blows away some of those guys from back in the day, but reading a book back then was just a lot more enjoyable than it is now. Or maybe I'm just getting to be a crusty old man.

It was a simplier time for sure back then... geez I'm begining to sound like the voice-over guy in "A River Runs Through It" :preach:

The writing, for the most part, sucks donkey balls lately, but you are still a crusty old man! :baiting:

u danged right I am!

It seems to me that you have too many wanna-be novelists trying to tell some giant-arsed epic story that impacts the fate of mankind as an entire race. Once you hit your fifth or sixth end of the world scenario in as many years, the effect kind of wears off. Plus it takes away from developing the individual characters when they are always involved in wars, team-ups and jerry springer tapings.

Bring back the short story arcs!

Sorry for the derail, Rupp. BUY RUPP'S BOOKS (if there are any left).

The writing, for the most part, sucks donkey balls lately, but you are still a crusty old man! :baiting:

That got me thinkin' about when you said you were 4 years old the other day when I bought up music from 1982 - 1985... I was around 15 then and I wish I could tell you the excitement of reading books for me back then.

Star Wars with Walt Simonson, plus he was doing Thor. New comer Paul Smith on X-men. Butch Guice showing us all what a Micronaut really should look like. Moon Knight the way it should have always been.

Those were the days I tell ya...

It was a simplier time for sure back then... geez I'm begining to sound like the voice-over guy in "A River Runs Through It" :preach:

You probably won't believe this, but that movie takes place (mostly) in the area where I grew up (Missoula, MT). We used to go to Hot Springs all the time.

I guess that means I'll have to kick your azz now. *sigh* It just sounds like a lot of work though.

You probably won't believe this, but that movie takes place (mostly) in the area where I grew up (Missoula, MT). We used to go to Hot Springs all the time.

I guess that means I'll have to kick your azz now. *sigh* It just sounds like a lot of work though.

I just had to watch that movie a second time. :cloud9: