• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 Greatest Silver & Bronze Marvels

33 posts in this topic

Agree . Its on my list but yes it probably should be on every list., My opinion , greatest cover ever. A favorite of mine in the broze age is Defenders 10.

I always thought that books with awesome covers like Silver Surfer 4 etc are great books but should only make a top 100 if its "Your" personal favorite and it sounds like it is so it belongs on your list, Period.

I definitely agree. However, in the case of SS 4 that may just be the greatest silver age cover... So I think that deserves a spot either way regardless of personal taste.

Now its very hard to tell anyone what they should not have on there list

but for me books like Avengers 89 or FF 67 wouldnt be on my list.

Probally a few other. Will have a look at the list during lunch and say what "I: would not have on it. Again sometimes like a Spiderman 149 or Nova 1 , personal favorites go into your list.

I agree. I know that FF 67 has HIM but I don't know anything about Avengers 89's significance.

In my mind, I probably would replace FF45 with FF 25 and FF 67 with FF 72 ( I love that cover)

Avengers 89 is point blank one of the greatest covers of the early Bronze Age. Captain Marvel electrocution bondage cover-- that's a classic that's always being mimicked.

So that's it! And you can get a nice copy for under $100 bucks!

For my 100 list I would replace TOS 94 with 97 (Whiplash) or 99 (Last TOS). :idea:

I agree about the Cap 100 needing to be included. I also think Sub-Mariner 1 and ASM 40 should be on. Also ASM 32 and 33 to complete the 3 part story.

And FF 50 to complete the Galactus Trilogy.

Definitely.

Also, ASM 33 is one of my favorite Ditko ASM covers. Great story as well.

What about Ironman 128? The end of the demon in the bottle arc.

Thanks for your list. It was like a research assignment. I had to look up several issues to find the significance. I am now more knowledgeable on Marvel first appearances.

I am now working on a personal top 100 list of my own and it will include a column as to why a book has significance to me. For example, Thor 154-157, the four part Mangog story arc.

:headbang:

Thanks for your list. It was like a research assignment. I had to look up several issues to find the significance. I am now more knowledgeable on Marvel first appearances.

I am now working on a personal top 100 list of my own and it will include a column as to why a book has significance to me. For example, Thor 154-157, the four part Mangog story arc.

:headbang:

Cool! Post it here when you're finished... I'd love to see what you came up with!