• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's brave enough to bid on these?

50 posts in this topic

These books are going way too cheap!...

these auctions are ran by the same honorable folks that

want to send you a giant zimbabwe lottery cash prize and all you have to

do is pay for the taxes and they will send you 200 million...

you can't lose!

(worship)

feedback already left by the seller for the ASM 31 and TOS 49. looking like this is 'for real'. hope the buyers will relay the experience on the boards. :wishluck:

I'm not sure why the SELLER leaving feedback would make it look "for real". She keeps ALL of these books in the bank, according to her. Has no high dollar transactions before this and no comic sales. Uses pics and scans from different sources and refuses to do an in person pick up. Also failed to provide cert numbers for the old labels that are too small to be read. IF she is legit, she sure managed to hit a lot of red flags.

feedback already left by the seller for the ASM 31 and TOS 49. looking like this is 'for real'. hope the buyers will relay the experience on the boards. :wishluck:

I'm not sure why the SELLER leaving feedback would make it look "for real". She keeps ALL of these books in the bank, according to her. Has no high dollar transactions before this and no comic sales. Uses pics and scans from different sources and refuses to do an in person pick up. Also failed to provide cert numbers for the old labels that are too small to be read. IF she is legit, she sure managed to hit a lot of red flags.

I guess I'm erring on the side of the positive. this looks like an effort to show that the buyers - and POTENTIAL buyers - can expect some kind of communication and/or feedback from the sale.

most cases that I've seen on ebay, if the seller is non-legit, they won't leave feedback and still won't communicate even if pmt has been received. "can you dig it?" I do agree, tons of red flags on this one, but it's worth watching to see if the future sales will be reliable. I noticed on the new listings that the cert numbers were noted.

as for in person pick ups, just read the news. it's not always the SAFEST way to go with big ticket items.

Positive feedback was left and I received a tracking number this afternoon, I was pretty specific on how to package a CGC slab as I have received too many cracked cases throughout the years, so far so good, did any other forum members pick anything up?

I think that only one other member took the plunge and he got outbid, so you may be the only boardie to win anything.

Positive feedback was left and I received a tracking number this afternoon, I was pretty specific on how to package a CGC slab as I have received too many cracked cases throughout the years, so far so good, did any other forum members pick anything up?

Which book did you win?

Which book did you win?

He won the ASM 31.

looks like the TOS 49 has landed safely - here's the buyer's feedback. :gossip:

Smoooooth! Ridiculous fast shipping, thanks for making my weekend!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Buyer: Member id neutron_solstice Jul-02-11 14:36

TALES OF SUSPENSE #49 CGC GRADED 9.2 (#130537961366)

wow...that would make my weekend, too! congrats to the buyer wherever you are.