• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's brave enough to bid on these?

50 posts in this topic

Hulk 181 9.6

ASM 17 9.2

ASM 20 9.0

Different scans/pics, low feedback seller with no high dollar transactions and refuses to answer reasonable questions about cert numbers and in person pick up... hm I smell scam. Yet the books are being bid up to normal levels by a lot of people (shrug)

helluva description

Got this reply from them yesterday morning (after requesting information on Sunday...)

"I apologize, I have to go pull them from the bank to get cert. numbers, I will get back to you as soon as possible."

lol

Brave enough, no.

Stupid enough, that would be me... doh!

Yeah, for some reason I didn't see all of the other "suspect" books for sale. I only saw the ASM 42 9.4, and it looked like a book in their possession. Chances are I'll be outbid soon anyways.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130537955793&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Brave enough, no.

Welcome to the Boards.

I'm normally very careful about where I buy books from. I have yet to be shafted by anyone online yet. Don't know how this slipped past my radar. (shrug)

Brave enough, no.

Welcome to the Boards.

I'm normally very careful about where I buy books from. I have yet to be shafted by anyone online yet. Don't know how this slipped past my radar. (shrug)

And hopefully you won't get shafted for the first time on this book.

Brave enough, no.

Welcome to the Boards.

If you end up winning, you may want to consider not paying. I'm doubting this chick is legit enough to even file a non paying bidder. And even so, better to take that hit than the alternate likely hit to your wallet.

If you end up winning, you may want to consider not paying. I'm doubting this chick is legit enough to even file a non paying bidder. And even so, better to take that hit than the alternate likely hit to your wallet.

Thought of that. I think the first step would be to ask for the cert. number and some scans.

The Hulk 181 looks like a Heritage scan and the ASM 31 is a CL scan. Could have been saved a while ago though.

True, although not having a scanner available for all those big books is absurd.

She may have a scanner.

If I win a book from an auction house I save the scans.

Being lazy I'll use their scans if I decide to sell a book rather than doing my own.

Yes please don't bid on any of them, especially the 20,31,42 and both TOS. I'll be their huckleberry, my CC company can always issue a chargeback. I am newer to Paypal, am I not protected there as well?

Advise please, as I will be hammering that 31 and both TOS, they are books that I have been looking for in high grade for quite some time.

Thanks in advance forumites

Yes please don't bid on any of them, especially the 20,31,42 and both TOS. I'll be their huckleberry, my CC company can always issue a chargeback. I am newer to Paypal, am I not protected there as well?

Advise please, as I will be hammering that 31 and both TOS, they are books that I have been looking for in high grade for quite some time.

Thanks in advance forumites

:popcorn: