• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World New England Canceled??

16 posts in this topic

I was looking at the WW schedule this morning and noticed the previously scheduled September 2011 show has been moved to October 2012. Still shows the same Guest List. :ohnoez:

No official word yet, but it does appear that the Wizard World Comic Con convention scheduled for the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA this coming October has been cancelled. The scheduled date on the convention's official web site and Facebook page has been changed to "October 2012".

If this is true, this is indeed disappointing news to the thousands of New Englanders who were eagerly awaiting the arrival of this show and all the guests it would have brought to the area.

As soon as we have official word from the folks at Wizard World regarding the status of this show, we will pass the news along to you.

all they did was put a bunch of small shows out of business. They don't care if they actually have the shows or not, just a power grab.

No official word yet, but it does appear that the Wizard World Comic Con convention scheduled for the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA this coming October has been cancelled. The scheduled date on the convention's official web site and Facebook page has been changed to "October 2012".

If this is true, this is indeed disappointing news to the thousands dozens of New Englanders who were eagerly awaiting the arrival of this show and all the guests it would have brought to the area.

As soon as we have official word from the folks at Wizard World regarding the status of this show, we will pass the news along to you.

Fixed (thumbs u

all they did was put a bunch of small shows out of business. They don't care if they actually have the shows or not, just a power grab.

According to the people they bought the show from, they also ditched the Winnipeg show (the C4 Central Canada Comic Con) --- the original owners (Ravens Comics) are trying to keep it alive. They've booked the hall and are trying to raise money to get back on track for late October.

Other shows that didn't have established dates like Nashville, Cleveland and New Jersey have been taken off their site completely. Most likely cancelled, but no statements have been issued.

Finally, aside from Austin/Chicago/Philly all of the remaining shows are two day cons.

That would explain why I received a few e-mails from artists looking to be guests at our show in September.

When was the last post you made that wasn't about or mentioned your (very nice) show? 2008? hm

That would explain why I received a few e-mails from artists looking to be guests at our show in September.

When was the last post you made that wasn't about or mentioned your (very nice) show? 2008? hm

On 6/23/11 I commented on the Captain America trailer. Most of my talking is in pm messages. However, I am a promoter getting the word out.

On 6/23/11 I commented on the Captain America trailer. Most of my talking is in pm messages. However, I am a promoter getting the word out.

I found it! :baiting:

Everything I have seen in the trailers I love and I can't wait for my comic show to tell everyone about it. I am looking forward to seeing this movie and I can't wait for my comic show to tell everyone about it.

btw, what did you call about today?

I can personally recommend ComiConn as an amazing show! - Looking forward to it again this year.

For those who are upset at the loss of WW NJ...you have lots of options:

NJ Comic Expos: 2 different locations every month!

Clifton, NJ Comic Expo - Every 2nd Sunday of the month (20th anniversary show is coming up soon this year!)

Clifton Community Recreation Center, 1232 Main Ave, Clifton 07011.

East Hanover Monthly Comic Book Expo - Every 4th Sunday of the month (except next month, when it will be on Saturday July 30th)

Ramada Conference Center, 130 Route 10, East Hanover, NJ 07936

Or there is always The Great Allentown Comic Con! in PA (which is only 2 weeks away on July 16th)...but i am biased about this one :D

If this is true, this is indeed disappointing news to the thousands dozens of New Englanders who were eagerly awaiting the arrival of this show and all the guests it would have brought to the area.

Fixed (thumbs u

No kiddin’.

I was warned by one of my operatives on the inside the morning of the show that if I came into to town and spent $25 to get in, I would not be happy. Afterwards, nobody I spoke to who set up was either.