• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #129 at $6900 and counting!

42 posts in this topic

Nice book,

but let me be the first to say..

I dont think a miswrap, or a mis cut should ever recieve a 9.8, no matter how pristine it might be.

Spid12998.jpg

How much should CGC downgrade for the above miswrap(provided they didn't already)?

9.6 max with the wrap, and every thing else appears to be flat and cleean,

but a tight like me would probably even be tempted to knock it

down to a 9.4 for the cut, check out the top MCG stripe, and the top

of the CCA is lopped off......

27_laughing.gif this is the exact comic I was thinking of when I wrote the "pider-Man" comment! thumbsup2.gif

I said SLIGHT miswrap, not EXTREME miswrap.. like a comic selling for 2 cents . In that example, I would prefer a little white border then.

BKMBR-AMAZINGSPIDER-MAN103FC.jpg

9.6 max with the wrap, and every thing else appears to be flat and cleean,

but a tight like me would probably even be tempted to knock it

down to a 9.4 for the cut, check out the top MCG stripe, and the top

of the CCA is lopped off......

Although I agree that the QP is dreadful, I don't think CGC should downgrade without notation. If they do.....how would we know what their structural grade is?

Although I used to feel differently.....I would rather have a white border than have the cover graphics disappear to the back cover.

Nope..can't stand a white border, expecially if it is not straight. makepoint.gif

Although I used to feel differently.....I would rather have a white border than have the cover graphics disappear to the back cover.

Nope..can't stand a white border, expecially if it is not straight. makepoint.gif

This has got to be like the proverbial "free ham" to you then....

scan0002.jpg

Nope..can't stand a white border, expecially if it is not straight.

I hear ya there.

I don't mind a little white border if it's perfectly straight. Over the past year, I've become much more picky in my selections, and miscuts is the major issue.

A little one way or the other is OK, as long as it's straight. The slightest bit of slanting bothers me.

would rather go out and make a nice downpayment on a new car,or travel round the world.. then pay $7 grand for a comic worth no more that $500-$1,000 , no matter what the condition.

But thats just me.

The saying used to be, "cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money." Looks like the 21st century version of that would be to replace cocaine with ASM 129 9.8.

That's 893censored-thumb.gif ridiculous $ for that book!

OMG!!! Someone paid almost $9,000 for this ultra-common in HG book that has a mis-wrap! 893whatthe.gif How can this be when some people claim to have long boxes full of them? confused-smiley-013.gif Guess they will be breaking some of those puppies out of their mylar to send to CGC for resale. makepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

OMG!!! Someone paid almost $9,000 for this ultra-common in HG book that has a mis-wrap! 893whatthe.gif How can this be when some people claim to have long boxes full of them? confused-smiley-013.gif Guess they will be breaking some of those puppies out of their mylar to send to CGC for resale. makepoint.gif

No kidding! In 10 years it will be worth $25,000!!! foreheadslap.gif

No kidding! In 10 years it will be worth $25,000!!! foreheadslap.gif

Nah. It will be $25k after Puny 2 is released in a few years. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

How much would this book have sold on Ebay, RAW

With 6 supersized scans, and a seller was trust worthy, and know for never selling restored books.

$ 800-1000 tops?.......... if that?

I was just curious as to what all of you think this book would sell for raw.

And how a 9.8 tag on a CGC label, brought Jason a kings ransom on this auction.

Boggles my mind , how this sold for this much, as said earlier.

It is not like there are not dozens of potential 9.6 9.8 #129's floating around out there, and alot w/out miswrap.

How much would this book have sold on Ebay, RAW

$ 800-1000 tops?.......... if that?

I was just curious as to what all of you think this book would sell for raw.

And how a 9.8 tag on a CGC label, brought Jason a kings ransom on this auction.

\.

Ok.. now

I know this only a mere, lowly, trash can worthy 9.2

But it sold for the fair price of.. $530

ASM #129 CGC 9.2

Personally , I would be very happy with the 9.2

and keep the extra $8500 in my bank accnt to buy other things with.

Instead of buying a CGC ASM #129 9.8 for 8,900

But then again, I dont have ultra HG CGC fever, and/or the bankroll to support it.

And even if I did have a large bankroll, I still might balk at $9k for a ASM #129...

Am I in the minority on this insane way of overspending on HG CGC?

I'm definitely with you...to me anything 9.0 or higher is just fine for me too. Best copy of some keys would be nice, but for the average book....confused-smiley-013.gif

My example: someone paid $350 for HOS #88 9.4. Wonderful. Mine: 9.0 copy for $65 from blazing bob thumbsup2.gif

(But I have been known to splurge on the nicer books from time to time)

I'm definitely with you...to me anything 9.0 or higher is just fine for me too. Best copy of some keys would be nice, but for the average book....confused-smiley-013.gif

My example: someone paid $350 for HOS #88 9.4. Wonderful. Mine: 9.0 copy for $65 from blazing bob thumbsup2.gif

(But I have been known to splurge on the nicer books from time to time)

acclaim.gif